Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Camila’s POV:

I have no idea what came over me but I’m glad it did. I kissed Lauren, and she kissed back. She must like me right? At least a little? It seems like does.

We left the store and walked through the mall and back out to the bus stop. Freshman can’t have cars on campus, it sucks. I wanted to hold her hand as we walked but I stopped myself. We sat on the bus in a comfortable silence for most the ride back. Our pinkies kept touching, and I think she wanted to hold my hand to. We got back to campus around 4:30 and we did our homework together. She had more than me so I understood that she politely rejected when Dinah asked us if we wanted to go get dinner with her and the girls, but I decided to go because I haven’t seen them much lately.

We got to the diner and got our food, they were talking about one of their teachers that I didn’t have, so I was silent most the time. We found an empty table and sat down.

“Mila is everything okay? You’ve been quiet,” Ally asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, well I’m good actually. Really good.”

“Really good huh?” Dinah teased.

“Yeah well I mean things have been going well since we’ve been here. Lauren is great,” I said.

“Yeah speaking of Lauren…” Normani started, which made me nervous. “We totally know you have a crush on her.” My eyes widened and I could feel my cheeks practically light on fire.

“Woah chill out dawg, it’s okay,” Dinah said and put a hand on my shoulder. “She’s totally into you too.” I couldn’t speak. My mouth was hanging open and I was trying to speak, I was shaking and probably sweating.

“I-I…umm...I….” I couldn’t get the words out. “H-ho-how did y-you kn-know?” I stuttered.

“Well you’ve never been good at hiding it Mila,” Normani said.

“Yeah, and it’s okay we don’t care that you like girls,” Ally added.

“Yeah, you’d be cute together. I’ve been calling it Camren,” Dinah said.

“She won’t shut up about it actually,” Normani joked. “But really Mila it’s okay. We support it.”

“How long have you guys known?” I ask.

“Well I could tell something was up at lunch that first day,” Dinah said. My mouth dropped open and my eyes nearly popped out of my head and hit her in the face.

“And Mani and I started to notice a week or two ago,” Ally added.

“Well damn you knew before I did, and why are you just mentioning this now then?” I asked.

“I guess we didn’t want to push you, we figured you’d tell us. But it’s okay,” Dinah said.

“Okay, I get it” I said. “Um..”

“What?” Ally asked.

“Something sorta happened between us today..”

“Ooooh what?” Normani asked and leaned in closer as if she was even more interested in the conversation now.

“Well we were at the mall and I was trying on clothes and my bra got caught on the lace of a shirt and she came in my fitting room to help me and before I knew it… I was kissing her” I told them. Their mouths all dropped open.

“Oh my God! What’d she do?” Ally asked.

“She kissed back, and then it was awkward for a second so I apologized but she said ‘don’t be sorry’ and leaned in closer and said ‘please don’t be sorry Camila’ and we kissed again.”

“Awww!” Normani squealed.

“So you got you a girlfriend. Good going Mila!” Dinah said.

“She’s not my girlfriend… yet… but… I want her to be.”

“We do to, it’d be adorable and you’d both be happy. We like her too you know, just not the same way, obviously” Dinah winked at me and nudged my arm. We continued talking, Ally mentioned a boy that she likes, Troy, and they’ve apparently been flirting a lot during class. We finished eating and I made a ham, turkey and cheese sandwich for Lauren and grabbed a bag of Doritos and lemonade, her favorite, and brought them to our dorm.

Lauren’s POV:

I was just getting ready to go get something from Dunkin’ Donuts when the most beautiful girl in the world came into our dorm carrying a sandwich, chips, and a drink and handed it to me.

“Aww thank you Camz, you’re the sweetest.”

“No that’s you. I’m sorry for dragging you to the mall earlier, I didn’t know you had so much homework.” She apologized, which made my heart melt because she was so concerned.

“Again babe don’t be sorry” I said. Shit did I just call her ba-

My thoughts were interrupted when Camila’s lips crashed against mine. Her lips are the most perfect thing. I want to just keep kissing her. She pulled away and we grinned widely at each other.

“Camila?”

“Yeah?”

“I like you, like.. a lot..” I said as a blush crept onto my face.

“I like you a lot too Lauren” she confessed. Those words were like music to my ears.

“I’m just… scared..” I admitted.

“Why?” She asked, and sat down next to me and held my hand.

“It’s just.. we’ve become such good friends. I don’t want to ruin that. And my last girlfriend… just… it ended horribly. I can’t go through that again.” I felt tears coming to my eyes at the memory.

“Hey hey it’s okay Lolo, don’t be sad,” she comforted me, but somehow that made me cry more. Slow tears fell down my cheeks. “It’s okay, don’t cry. Please.” She put her arms around me and rested her head on my shoulder. I reached up and held onto her arm and leaned my head against hers until the tears stopped.

“Thanks,” I said and we pulled away from each other as I dabbed at my eyes.

“Here, I got it.” She wiped my tears with the pad of her thumb. That gesture alone made my heart flutter. “We don’t have to figure it out now okay? I’m scared to. Let’s just keep doing what we’ve been doing and see where it leads.”

“I’d like that, but I really do like you.”

“I like you too.” She said, and sealed it with a kiss.