Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Camila’s POV:

It’s been a little over a week since Lauren and I talked about our exes and such, and I’ve felt so much closer with her already. There’s only one thing that’s been concerning me, and that’s a classmate of ours, Brad. He and Lauren had become acquaintances since they had to do a project together, but I can sense that he likes her. I know that Lauren only likes girls and likes me but I’ve heard rumors that when Brad likes someone, he gets her, and not necessarily in a mutual way. But hopefully he’ll move on from her soon.

I just got out of class and I’m waiting for Lauren outside of the building where she had class. She comes walking out laughing with none other than Brad. Great. I hold my books closer to my chest because I suddenly feel very anxious.

“Hey Camz!” Lauren cheered when the two came over to me.

“Hi” I answered shyly

“This is Brad, have you two met before?” Lauren asked.

“Oh yeah I’ve met this hot number once or twice,” Brad said with a smirk. He’s British. I forgot he’s British, Lauren loves Brits. I look down at my feet and blushed, not in the good way.

“Oh I know she’s hot,” Lauren winked in attempt to lighten the mood. It didn’t work. I wanted to just grab Laurens hands and kiss her as a way to claim her as mine, but I’m too anxious.

“Oh I bet! She’s your roommate I bet you’ve seen all sorts of things. Same for you Camila, tell me, how hot is Lauren when only half her clothes are on?” My mouth dropped a bit, and I can tell that Lauren didn’t quite like that comment either. I felt tears coming to my eyes at the fear of losing Lauren or him hurting her in some way.

“Alright Brad that’s enough,” Lauren laughed slightly, “we should get going though.”

“Okay, see you later then girls.” He winked and checked out Laurens butt as we turned to walk away. She put her arm over my shoulder because my hand was occupied with holding my books, while Laurens single notebook was at her left side.

“I’m sorry babe. Are you okay? He’s only kidding.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I looked away from her as a tear rolled down my cheek.

“No you’re not.” She said and then noticed that I was crying, “Hey” She stopped us from walking. “What’s wrong? Did something else happen?” I shook my head. “Here lets sit,” she said and led me over to a bench. “What’s going on babe?”

“Nothing.”

“Come on, don’t lie to me. Please?”

“I’m just scared..”

“Of what Camz?”

“Of.. Of losing you or.. h-him hurting you.” I started crying harder. “I-I’ve heard b-bad things about h-h-him and I-I don’t l-like it.” I stuttered. She started rubbing my back and leaned in closer to comfort me.

“Hey you’re not going to lose me, I’m all yours.” She grabbed my hands, hers was so warm. I was starting to shiver I was so cold.

“I know I’m just.. stupid.”

“Hey.” She said sternly. “You are not stupid Camz you’re the smartest person I know!” She said confidently, which made me feel better. “Hey you’re shivering, here” She took off her jacket and helped me put it on. “It’s gonna be okay, okay?” She pulled me into a side hug.

“Okay,” I gave her a reassuring smile and we stood again and started walking.

After a few moments of comfortable silence and her arm over my shoulder she asked if I wanted a coffee, and I did so we went into the miniature Dunkin’ Donuts and she bought us both a coffee, even though I insisted on paying.