Chapter 5: Accompaniment

Darkness...

It was all that could be seen.

Not the kind of darkness where one would normally feel fear towards, but the void itself emulated a variable of loneliness like that of isolation. Yet, there's a sensation of familiarity where there should have been more than this.

It's dark.

An echo of a thought manifested as a youthful voice resounded, and a clear blue gazes into the seemingly endless void.

Aware of the surroundings, vague in imagery, vivid in feeling. Incompatible cognitions like that of a dream, no, perhaps it is a lucid dream with how clearly he could comprehend.

With nothing else to do, an immediate decision to traverse forward was made as if the conclusion was natural.

The pitch black darkness, thought to be a quiet place, but phantoms step made reverberated taps as if walking in a long and empty hallway. The sense of movements were floaty, as if he wasn't walking on anything tangible, though it was needless to think too hard about vertically speaking and proceeded onward without falter.

A clear sense of certainty in the direction he walked on was an oddly perplexing sensation, as it wasn't a conscious choice, but an instinctual decision; or would it be called unconsciously deciding?

Step by step follow the repeating tapping noise it produced, the path seemingly endless, yet an emotion of anticipation well up from within as if the destination is at hand.

What is this feeling in my chest?

This is strange, because the mind and heart were ambiguously out of sync in whatever dream this was.

Feeling of foreign recognition about this place was not logical. The steps felt fast yet slow where the perception of times seemed to overlap at once, yet somehow it made sense only to him.

In the next few step that could be perceive suddenly stopped in their tracks. He had long since accepted to follow an induced intuition that's been acting as the only guidepost in this world.

Hmm... he pondered curiously.

I wonder... because something was missing.

Why do I feel like that there shou-

Like the unfurling of black curtains, the scenery change suddenly all at once. Sweeping away the darkness in a tidal wave of blue light, not so blinding for the mind's eyes and gave way for a world of azur.

Wow~!

It was like everything was transitioned over by a paint brush taking a single stroke to create a dreamworld of clear tranquility. The grounds reflecting surface as clear as a mirror, but a single step produced causes ripples in it's entirety, like a pebble thrown into still water. As far as the eye can see is an azure sky so expansive that it seemed to have no end, while the only clouds in sight were ahead of his view as one huge clump of a vaporous nimbus.

Simple might be accurate to describe the setting of this environment, but it is also beautiful and wondrous landscape.

What a neat place~.

A gaze shined at the beautiful scenery as if stepping into a personal wonderland.

As empty as it might be, he still enjoyed the wide open sky and how a step causes an ever stretching ripple across the water like floor. It felt free of doubt and anxiety, refreshing and unrestrained of the meaning of limitation, perceiving things that couldn't be seen before. And most of all, it was like it could change in some way to make itself better than before.