Chapter 2: Brothers

Quick note: The Spacebattle Fate stay night forums really know their stuff about the Nasuverse... and I just found out that a lot of fanfics tend to stray away from from the canon material on many occasions. I know that everyone is free to make a fanfic as such... but I think it gives the Fate veterans a heart attack from time to time.

Anyway without further ado let's get this story rolling.

O.O.O

It was darkness, everything in his sight is all black no matter where he looks. He felt weightless and didn't know if he was walking, running, floating or just standing in place.

Is this the afterlife?

Such a passing thought could have been possible, then again it might just be a dream. If it is a dream, then why is it he can't wake up. Then again, the memories of the hell he walked through was still fresh in the mind, but at the same time there was something he was trying to remember. It was as if it laid in the very back of his head that he's having difficulties recollecting.

Now, he was all alone in the dark. There's nothing at all and nothing to do... well it should have been if a soft sob was not heard.

Huh?

Being made aware of this distant cry for the first time, as if appearing into existence was a faintly glowing figure, no rather then a figure it seemed more like a small silhouette, yet giving off the presence that it should've been formless.

Regardless, he wanted to, correction, need to go and help whatever or whoever it is in the state of sadness before his very "eyes". As if the desire manifested, he moved forward.

Sprinting, striding, running, gliding, or even flying? His approach may have seemed slow, but his pace could be considered fast. Nonetheless he paid no attention to these points and continued his single-minded advance.

Where's my family?

It was like an echo in the mind, thoughts that can be heard by another, an intent that barely requires words to be understood.

Who is my family?
What was I doing?
Where am I?
Why am I here?

Who... am I?

Emotions that are bared in their purest form. Anxiety, confusion, fear, grief, sadness... and the most prominent feeling being emulated from it all was loneliness.

I'm scared... I don't want to be alone...

He had enough of feeling these pleads, and he's going to do something about it. Even if what was before his sight is a hazy form, it can cry and feel like anyone else with a heart.

It will be alright. He said/thought(?)

Silence once again dominated the empty space, then the once weeping little entity broke the silence.

Who are you? It was words filled with curiosity and a sense of a lingering hope and relief.

Slightly pondering on the thought, he wasn't quite sure "what he was" at the present moment, but besides that he replied without a second thought. In a way, I am similar to you. These words felt right to him for some reason.

Really? Joy and concern were somehow mixed.

Yes. His reply is full of resolve, and he stretched out a "hand" he wasn't aware that he had. You don't have to worry anymore, I'm here for you.

No ulterior motives, ill will, lies or hostility was ever indicated or evident, just an absolute intention of wanting to help someone without asking for anything in return, a reward that only this soul sees it to be as such, and the other could see it as clearly as day the instant "he" grasped the "hand".