Chapter 7: A Lifetime's Epiphany

"Hisashi-kun isn't feeling well?"

In the time of noon where school ends for most elementary students, Sakura was walking alongside with Taiga in their destination being the Emiya residence.

Along the way, the young teenager was absent of her usual jovial cheer.

"Yes, and he hasn't been the same since then." She sighed woefully.

A memorable day to say the least when she paid a visit since a week ago.

Making a routine visit to fawn over her surrogate brothers on a Sunday morning, only to meet the perturbed expression of Shirou meeting her at the door, who suddenly emulated a hopeful sigh in greeting.

Intuition was telling her that something wasn't right, and her inquiry for Kiritsugu's and Hisashi's presence prompted the redhead to lead her to the veranda.

The moment she arrived in their location, her heart sank.

Kiritsugu sat beside Hisashi, placing a considerate hand on that small back, who was blankly starring up at the blue sky.

Her joyful little brother who was the very embodiment of sunshine fell into a state of melancholy.

His eyes were bloodshot and a continuous stream of tears flowing his eyelid with fluids leaking from his nose.

In his quiet sniffling that started in the morning, the teenage girl sprang into action and embrace the boy in sheer worry and spiraling confusion. His reciprocation to her hug with his own at least eased some of Taiga's panic, for a moment at least. But what went through her mind was how did this happen when he was fine the last time she visited yesterday.

"At first I though some spoiled brats were messing with sweet little Hisashi at the park and he kept it to himself till now."

She almost went on a rampage from such a speculation. This girl was prepared to storm out of the property and launch a manhunt with guns blazing in the name of her little angel. Taiga was even going to drag the Fujimura group into her personal crusade, reputation be damned for all she cared.

"But apparently it was from a pretty bad nightmare he had."

It was only with Shirou and Kiritsugu explanation about Hisashi's nightmare (minus the circuits) that managed to reign in her spontaneous fury before she could initiate any foreseeable damage, so crisis averted from news reports about the yakuza harassing children.

The tiger of Fuyuki let out another sigh as if her happiness escaped with it. "I thought he would get better after spending some time and love with him... but now I'm not sure anymore."

Following the days after that, Hisashi didn't cry anymore, but in turn he had lost his smile. He somehow lost the will to enjoy the things that made him who he was.

"He hardly perform his magic tricks, play with his toys, or even look forward to sweets anymore." Taiga almost felt like crying at the drastic change. "Now all he does is stare blankly out into space or huddle close to someone like a lifeline."

Truthfully, it would have been a cute scene if only the boy didn't look so desperate with his grip as if death was coming for him.

"I've tried everything I could for him this week. Playing new games with him, read stories, feeding him treats, anything that could spark him back to normal. Even Shirou pitched in by playing along or making Hisashi's favorite dishes." A solemn frown formed on her face. "But it's not the same anymore."

What ever was going on with the boy, it affected Taiga quite severely in sheer volumes.

A foreboding unease crept up in Sakura's mind. In the week of her absence to visit the Emiya's due to... family obligations, she remanded unaware of the pressing events that had occurred as of late.