Prolog: A Special Day

July 7th, a special day for several reasons. It's Killua's birthday. And on this day thirteen years ago, Gon and Killua met for the first time. This year, on this day, Gon has something special planned for his beloved.

"Happy birthday, my love." Gon kisses Killua's forehead. Killua giggles, hugging him.

"Thanks." Killua smiles.

"Ah, Gon." Kikyo smiles. "You're here."

Gon walks into the mansion, and wraps his arms around Kikyo. She hugs him back. "How are you on this fine morning, mom?" Gon asks her, flashing the most charming smile known to man. Just his usual grin.

Kikyo glances at Killua. "Great." She smiles.

"Good." Gon grins. He takes Killua by the hand. "We'll be going now. We'll be back soon after lunch."

Kikyo nods. "Of course. I'll see you two this evening."

Gon and Killua leave the premises, fingers linked together. They get into Gon's car and drive into town.

"So...." Killua hums. "What's the plan?"

Gon grins. "Top secret."

"Oh come onnnn~" Killua whines.

Gon shakes his head. "Nope. My lips are sealed. But you'll love it, I promise."

Killua sighs, surrendering. "Fine."

They get to town and Gon parks the car. Killua looks around, seeing nothing of any significance. They're downtown where a bunch of shops are open.

"What're we doing here?" Killua asks.

Gon gets out of the car and Killua "Starting the day off." Gon answers him, taking him by the hand and leading him down the sidewalk.

Killua hums, curious as to what the day holds.

Gon leads him around a corner and then opens a door for him. Killua looks at the building before stepping inside. No signs, no paint on the walls. It looks like it's just empty.

Killua shrugs, walking inside. The lights are off, and Gon shuts the door behind after following Killua in.

"Gon??" Killua looks around, not seeing anything.

"Surprise!!" The lights go on and Killua sees so many faces. Mito, Leorio, Katherine, Kurapika, his siblings, his butlers, and his parents are all there. Even Alluka is here, flown in from her boarding school in Russia.

He had just seen his mom at home- how'd she get here before he did?

Killua laughs. "Wow, guys."

There's a long table with a feast prepared, cake, a large pile of presents, and all of his loved ones.

"Happy birthday, Killua." Everyone says, wide smiles adorned.

"Thanks, guys." Killua smiles. Gon hugs him to his side.

"Now let's eat!" Leorio cheers.

______________

"Open mine next!" Alluka grins, shoving a box into Killua's hands. Killua sits on a chair next to the pile of gifts.

Killua chuckles, undoing the little bow on top. He opens the box to see a blanket. Puzzled, he looks back at her.

"This was your blankie for like ten years!" Alluka laughs. "You lost it when you came to visit me for the first time."

Killua blushes bright red, looking back at the blanket.

"You named it Bewu." Alluka giggles.