3. Anxiety

Mito and papa are fighting again... Gon frowns, leaning against his bedroom door with his knees to his chest. A few tears roll down his cheeks. Sniffling, he wipes them away.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Mito screams. "You have a son you bastard!"

Gon's eyes widen, filling in the blanks. His heart races and he hopes that it isn't true, as he runs downstairs. Mito is sitting at the table, beer in hand, sobbing. The front door slams shut, and Gon's father is nowhere to be seen. Tears stream down Gon's face as he runs out the door. "Papa!" He screams.

His father's car pulls out of the garage.

Gon chases after him, calling out. But it's no use. He can't keep up. The car vanishes from sight, but Gon doesn't stop running. He cries, running in the direction of the airport where he saw the car go. When Gon gets there, he sees his father's car. Empty.

Then, he sees him going through security. Gon runs forward, but a security guard stops him. "Ticket?"

Gon shakes his head. "No! My papa! He's right there please! Papa!! Papa!!!" Gon sobs.

Gon's father turns around with wide eyes, staring at his son that ran all the way there.

"Is this your kid?" Security asks.

Gon's father looks right into Gon's eyes, before turning around. "No."

Gon's eyes widen. "Papa..." Gon's father goes through security to board his flight, while the guards try to deal with a screaming, crying eight year old.  "Papa!! No please don't leave me!! PAPA!!! PAPAAAA!!!!"

Gon's almost back home... but he doesn't want to go back. He wants his dad. He sits on the curbside and sobs, burying his face in his knees, hugging his legs. That's when he hears rustling in the forest behind him.

A boy around his age emerges from the trees. Gon's eyes are locked on this boy in front of him.

A boy with hair as white and soft as fresh snow.
Captivating electric blue eyes.
Porcelain white skin.
An angelic smile.
Shoes muddy from the trek through the forest.

Gon wipes the tears from his eyes and stands up. He walks closer for a better view, awestruck. The angel's eyes flinch, and he turns to face Gon. Nervous, Gon gulps. "W-wow! Are you new here?" He grins, hoping his stutter wasn't noticed. When the boy just stares instead of answering, Gon becomes more anxious. So he asks, "How old are you?"

"Th-theven..." The angel says.

"Really?" Gon's relieved for a response. "I-I'm eight and a half! My name's Gon!" Gon extends a hand. 

"I'm Kiwuwa." The angel shyly takes Gon's hand. Gon anxiously shakes his hand energetically.

"Wah! There's not a lot of kids here so it's really cool to meet someone around my age!" Gon's grin widens, and he puts his hands on the angel's little shoulders. "This is really cool!" 

The angel blushes a little. "M-mhm." 

Gon's heartbeat picks up it's pace, wondering whether or not he should ask this. Nevertheless, he puts on a brave face. "Do you wanna be my friend?!"