Yamaguchi x Male!Reader

Yamaguchi stared across the gym at you, hoping that you both would and wouldn't notice him. He couldn't help it, he really loved everything about you... but that was the problem. You never took your eyes off Hinata, but that was to be expected, why would you ever look at him? He wasn't as fast as Hinata, or as accurate as Kageyama, or as smart as Tsukishima, or the ace like Asahi. The whole team had something going for them! The only thing he had was a float serve that only really worked half the time.
"Yeah! That was so cool, Hinata! And Kageyama you're getting way better at that crazy weird setting!" A squeaky voice rang through the gym, bringing Yamaguchi's mind back to the real world. He watched from the sidelines as you ran up to the duo and congratulated them, adding goofy sound effects alongside Hinata.
"You know, staring at him instead of trying to talk won't do anything." Yamaguchi jumped as Tsukishima appeared from behind him, quickly realizing what he was looking at.
"I know... but what if he doesn't even know me? It's not like I'm anything special." Yamaguchi replied awkwardly. He had already thought of every single way that could go wrong, and in almost every single one you ended up dating Hinata and he was left with a broken heart. Tsuki huffed in annoyance at his friends response, he knew just how bad Yamaguchi had it for you. But what infuriated him was how Yamaguchi refused to do anything about it.
"Well whatever, just don't come crying to me when he starts dating someone else." Tsuki said, using the most indifferent tone he could. He wouldn't admit it, but he was secretly rooting for Yamaguchi. How couldn't he? This was probably one of the best things that could happen to him, he'd finally realize that he'd have to work to start even just a friendship with you. Yamaguchi watched as his friend walked off towards the net, practicing his blocking once more. He whined in fear as he looked back at you. God, if only he wasn't a coward, he'd probably be talking to you right now. Maybe even- no he didn't think he could ever bring himself to try and flirt. He watched as your short, fluffy, (h/c) hair bounced as you skipped back to the bench where Yachi was stationed. Speaking of which, she was staring at Yamaguchi with a giant grin. He panicked as Yachi turned to you and whispered something, causing your face to go red before you looked around finally stopping on him.
'Oh jeez, Yachi how could you do this to me?! Why?!' Yamaguchi thought as he watched you start to walk towards him. Why couldn't he move? He needs to go, he should be practicing, doing something. Please legs just move. He winced as you stopped in front of him, he slowly looked down, his eyes meeting your own.
"So, ya got a problem with me?!" You hissed, almost immediately making Yamaguchi cry. Your eyes widened and you sucked in a breath, he watched as panic took over your body.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, I was only joking!" You rushed, before bowing profusely. You grabbed his hand before pulling him into a tight hug, making Yamaguchi's mind go blank. You were really hugging him!
"Oh, uh it's uhm, i-it's ok. I, uh, I don't m-mind." He stuttered, completely flustered with the current interaction. You quickly pulled away, face also completely red- though he wasn't sure if that was because you were embarrassed that you almost made him cry or something else. You flashed an awkward smile before bowing one last time. After that, the two of you stood in silence... it was uncomfortable.
"Oh! I'm uh, (Y/n)." You said, sticking your hand out.
"Oh, I already know-wait, that was creepy. I'm sorry! I'm Yamaguchi." You laughed at his attempt to introduce himself, you wouldn't lie and say you didn't think he was cute. Too bad Tsuki already had him. The two of you shook hands, Yamaguchi's face going red as his larger hand enveloped your own.
"So, you and Tsuki, huh?" You teased, only to become confused as Yamaguchi laughed. You confusion only increased as his laughter continued. After a minute of embarrassment you questioned why he was laughing.
"Oh, we're not a thing. He's just my friend! Sorry if I embarrassed you." He replied. You felt your heart skip a beat slightly, he was available! Wait- don't get your hopes up. Just because your both single doesn't mean there's a chance of getting together. Still, it couldn't hurt to try and flirt with him, worst case scenario he doesn't like guys... or you...
"Oh, well then you wouldn't mind if I asked for your number? Since you seem to like me so much~" you grinned as you spoke, hoping that this just might work. And by just how red and flustered he looked, you would say wholeheartedly that it did. You chuckled as he struggled to respond to you, muttering a few 'of courses' and at least one 'you're really cute'. After a while you realized that he wouldn't be able to think straight let alone give you a legible version of his number, so taking matters into your own hands you simply took out a paper and wrote your number on his arm.
You walked away, still hearing him stutter and fumble over his words. Yamaguchi watched as you walked up to Yachi, still so levelheaded and cool. God, he really really Liked everything about you.
.
.
.
Hnngh, ya boi went full on homo with this one. Figured it was time to try an unleash my inner gay. Tho I really wanna do a Yachi x Female!Reader. Idk, let me know if y'all wanna see that :/