twenty-five. i threaten a pretty girl with a butcher's knife

I dream of her mouth between my legs.

                   Her touch is soft, laced with simmering fire, and her lips trail down my inner thigh. Her tongue finds its way to the heat hidden there, and when she tastes that flame, she grins up at me. "I'm going to fuck you now," she whispers. "Hard."

                    At the first finger, my back arches.

                   At the second, my eyes roll back.

                   And when she begins moving, thrusting them in and out of me? I lose all control. I abandon the rules. I just give into her touch, rough and frenzied with every ounce of tension and pent-up desire between us.

                   "What do you have to say for yourself, Kaya?" she murmurs.

                   "Fuck me harder," I say, and it's blasphemy.

                    Her fingers inside of me force my hips to writhe. My legs begin to shake with the onslaught of pleasure, the inescapable sensation. She doesn't stop the plunging of her two fingers within me, relentless, wringing the ecstasy from my body in glorious bursts.

                    And just as the climax barrels into me―

                    I wake up.

                   The scent of cherry and something baking in the oven compels me to open my eyes. Breakfast is my favourite part of the day.

                    But then I hear voices―Veah and Ren.

                    "Okami knows she's here, in Tokyo," Ren says. "She doesn't know you have her yet, but you have less than a day before she finds out. She'll wonder why you haven't done your job."

                    "Let her wonder," Veah says sharply.

                    "Are you insane?" Ren hisses. "You know who Okami is, don't you? You know what she's in power of? You have to come up with something. You have to talk to her before she decides she wants you dead, too."

                    "The only thing I care about is protecting Kaya."

                    "You know what they call her, don't you? The Wolf? Veah, you've always been reckless, but this is another level. You're not protecting Kaya by hiding her, not this time!"

                    Unfortunately, at this point, they both notice I'm awake.

                    An easy grin spreads over Veah's mouth. "Come and eat, Kaya. I made breakfast."

                    Ren narrows his eyes. "You made whatever is in that oven? Um . . . I'll be right back. I'm just going to go call the restaurant down the street and see―"

                    "You are going to do no such thing," Veah tells Ren. "Sit down. Shut up. And eat."  She swivels towards me, pinning me with only a look.

                    With her hair up in a messy bun, strands slipping away to frame her face, I can see the back of her slender neck when she turns. There is a little tattoo of a bee there. I don't think I've ever seen her with her hair up before, and―

                    She looks good. She looks ridiculously good.

                    I can't tear my eyes away.