thirty-six. i'm a damsel in distress. again.

Plan A, while Veah was explaining it to me with her head between my thighs, went something like this:

           "I don't get it," I gasp, clutching the edge of the pool with white knuckles. "We're going to poison the Wolf? The scariest thing in Tokyo city?"

            Her tongue brushes against that soft, sensitive inner spot. My spine arches. "Yes," she whispers, her face painted in glowing turquoise light. "Once she's unconscious, I'll be in charge of the business. We can't let the European trade deal go through."

            I moan, my entire body shuddering, as a climax rolls through me.

            "So," I pant, "we're just going to knock out the most feared gang leader in the city. How? How do we even get close enough to poison her?"

            "Blackmail," Veah whispers, her fingers trailing over my hips.

            I love the sensation of her hands on me. She feels so right, like her body was made for mine. Which makes it a little hard to focus on what she's saying . . .

          "Blackmail? What do you mean blackmail?"

          "Maiko said we have sixty seconds. If we can convince Okami we're not bluffing, that we have the formula and we breached her security, it'll hit deep. She'll mentally prepare herself for an attack from me . . . not from her wine glass. Or whatever it is we poisonit doesn't matter."

           I try my best to concentrate as she plunges one finger up to the knuckle inside of me. 

          "How do we breach her security?"

           Veah's grin is wry. "It all has to do with a church."

          I didn't find out about Plan B until tonight.

          And that went something like this:

         "A secret? Really?" I say, letting Veah lead me down to the crowded Tokyo streets. She hails a cab, and pulls me inside. 

          But I trip on the side of the road, and manage to somehow collapse on top of her. Her back to the window, one of my legs between hers.

          "The high heels," I say apologetically.

          She only laughs, a storm-bright glint in her eyes, and closes the door behind me. "You look ravishing in that black dress, by the way. Have I told you that?"

          "Well, no. You haven't said ravishing exactly. Although you have said beautiful, breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous . . ." 

          "Can you really blame me? You're my girl."

          Shyly, I smile against her lips. "You know, I . . ."

          But she kisses me, and the words escape.

         "So, tell me more," I say, gasping, my forehead against hers. "What are we even doing? We're going to be late. Maiko and Ren will kill us, you know."

          "Kaneiji Temple," Veah orders the cab driver. To me, she says, "We can annul it tomorrow. It's only for tonight, just in case Plan A blows up."

          Now I am worried. "Annul it? Annul what?"

         "Kaya Lee Rivers," she begins.