Getting Back Into the Swing'o'Things

Soon after Tsuchigomori said what he did, he had the audacity to walk out and not say another word, promptly going back to ignoring you. What he said seemed to linger heavily around you, "he regrets what he said..?" You sat back down at the edge of the roof, your eyes glued to Tsuchigomori's retreating figure.
As you indulged yourself in your thoughts, you were quickly pulled from them as you saw Tsuchigomori greet another figure, you watched as the figure shifted from a fox, into a human woman. While your brain swirled with more questions, your heart broke further (if that's even possible at this point) as you watched him kiss the woman.

You abruptly stood and walked out of their sight, 'to give them their privacy' you lied to yourself. Your (e/c) eyes shifting to the other side of the roof. You quickly collapsed, a familiar feeling rising into your chest. You quietly cried out in pain, the feeling that you experienced when you crossed over now returning full force, perhaps even stronger than before. You felt something unfamiliar rising in your throat. You thought your emotions were just trying to make you puke, but no, this was much, much, worse. You began hacking up a storm, watching in horror as flower petals fell out of your mouth. You knew what was going on, but you thought it was a fairytale. Hanahaki.

      As the week passed, you were careful to avoid Tsuchigomori, all while getting used to being back in a job. "Thank goodness this school is huge, I definitely don't want to see him right now..." you muttered you filled out some paperwork. As you thought of avoiding him, you felt the petals rise in your throat, you quickly removed them as soon as they came. Your eyes widening at the sight of a whole flower in the mix of pink petals. You heard a knock at your door, so you quickly composed yourself, cleared your throat, and called, "come in."
     Just to your luck, it wasn't Tsuchigomori, but also just to your luck, it was the woman he was with. (Thanks to Hanako, you now knew it was number 2, or Yako.) You smiled kindly, "can I help you today..?" She looked at you, a fake smile plastered on her face, "you were Tsuchi's wife, right?" To which you nodded, not quite understanding why she would ask. "I want you to stay away from him. He wants you to stay away from him too, and honestly, I can see why. Did the spirit world decide to punish you and make you look this way, or were you like this to begin with?" She laughed wickedly. You just stared at your now clenched fists, and remained silent.
      "Awww! Cat got your tongue? Maybe it's for the best, you might kill some of my brain cells if you were to speak!" She mocked you for a solid  hour and a half. The entire time she tormented you, you remained silent, seemingly knowing your place.
      At the beginning of this verbal abuse, you tried to stay strong, but as time went on, and it didn't stop, she just began to resemble Enji. Once you glanced at her, just to make sure he hadn't raised from the dead to torment you further. You could have sworn her face had changed to his, and to say it terrified you was an understatement. The more she resembled Enji in her actions, the further you reverted back into a young woman, scared for her life. Even after she left, you remained glued to your spot, tears rolling down your face, convinced someone was going to throw something, or scream at you.

     Another day dawned, and you were still exactly how Yako left you, your face was tear stained, and your eyes bloodshot and puffy. Several times during the night, you wished to call on Tsuchigomori like you did when you were alive. The thought of your life caused several more petals to rise in your throat. You were barely able to lift the trash can to dispose of the petals in, since you were so weak from crying. Your mindset still hadn't returned to normal, and you were thoroughly convinced Enji would burst through your door and take you back to that dark, little, room that had brought you so much pain in the past.

     You had never been so grateful it was a Saturday. At least, you thought that, right up until She came back. Yako didn't hold any punches today, which is to say something, seeing the state you're still in. You flinched multiple times this visit. Yako saw this and used it to her advantage. The hour that she was there might have been the worst hour of your afterlife. Any time you weren't paying attention to her was a smack to the face, or a punch to the arm. As she left, she muttered to herself "Twelve smacks to the face, and ten hits to the arm." She seemed... proud almost.
     The moment she left, you sunk down beneath you desk, hiding like you would hide from Enji, sniffling and trying to suppress sobs.

     You wished your knight in shining armor still cared.

Hi all! Sorry about this chapter being the way that it is, but this story needed an active villain, and we got rid of Enji a while ago, so Yako was up to bat! Sorry this chapter is a little late, I hope it tugged your heartstrings!