Part 1: Meeting the Children

I sighed as I looked at the roof of my boundary. It had been so deathly quiet since that strange radio broadcast a couple of weeks before. I believe it had changed my rumor, how unfortunate.

"Hey! Is anybody home?" I heard No. 8 yell into the cove. I rolled my eyes and began to swim over to where he was hollering from. "Yes, honorable number eight?" It was awful strange for him to be here. Then I noticed two humans standing behind him. "Oh! Do you want me to bless their relationship!" I immediately perked up, for I loved (and still love) helping the living with their relationships! "No thank you!" The two students yelled in sync.

"Oh... My apologies for assuming!" I gave them a close-eyed smile.
"About that..." Hanako began, "Your rumor has been changed, but I'm sure you know, since no one has come to the pool in weeks." It was just as I had feared. I sigh, knowing what I feared was reality.

"I think you know what we have to do." Hanako said softly. I nod in agreement. "If you would all follow me, I'll lead you to my Yorishiro." I summon a bridge to go across the cove.

My boundary might just be the prettiest of all the boundaries. It's a beautiful lagoon that I can manipulate to my advantage and desire. The cove leads to a large cave, where I reside most of the time, and where I store any treasures I find. As I swim next to the bridge I ask, "Do you wish to know anything about me before we reach the cave?" There were a few moments of silence.

"Actually, yes." The girl, who I now know as Nene, began, "How do you know Hanako?" A basic question, but one I have to answer, nonetheless.

"When he was alive, I was the school nurse." I left my answer short, in case Amane hadn't told them enough about his past. I brought them over to the cave, and lifted myself onto a ledge next to their walkway. They all watch as my pink tail separates into two legs. I stand, "whoever is to destroy my Yorishiro, follow me."

The girl steps forward. She and I begin to make our way deeper into the cave. "We still have some time before we reach where the Yorishiro is stored, care to tell me about yourself?" I look at the girl next to me.

    "Well... My name is Yashiro Nene, and I'm Hanako's assistant." She says, a small smile on her face.

      I laugh slightly, "So Hanako is still granting wishes..." She nods, and stares, I can tell she wants to ask me a question.

       "We only know you as 'The Siren', but what's your name?" She asks quickly. "Where are my manners! My name is (Y/n) (L/n), but you can call me..." I pause almost giving her the name I had when I was still living, "Ms (L/n)."

The rest of the walk consisted of silence and other small talk until we reached my treasure room. "I'll let you look for it, as a hint, my Yorishiro does reference the way I died." I say as I sit on a rock near the entrance.

       I watch as Nene looks around the room, her eyes eventually land on my Yorishiro. "Is this it?" She holds up a ring box, I nod, a little sad that she found it so quickly.

    "Good job!" I smile at her, and stand, "Go ahead, take off the tag." I smile sadly, and watch as she does what I say.

My boundary begins to shatter as I feel my reign over it deteriorate. I suddenly feel faint and sit back down on my rock. All is well for a minute, as Nene is getting to see my life flash before her. Suddenly, a sharp pain is felt in my heart as she drops the ring box, as soon as it hits the ground, we both faint.

Preview for next chapter!
Title: The Past
That's all we can give for now, but I hoped you enjoyed the new chapter!

(Word count after these messages: 700)