The Past

WARNING in this chapter

As another morning befell Kamone Academy, and the bell rings, as class begins, all is quiet. In the Nurse's office on school property, a young woman is preparing for any sort of thing that could happen to her students. The woman was drop dead gorgeous, but she could never see it. She had (h/l), (h/c) hair, and (e/c) that always had a sparkle of compassion and happiness, her (s/c) was smooth, and unblemished. The only wrinkles she would even possibly develop were laugh lines, from her almost constant smile that was on her face.

As the school day went on, she only had a few students come in for assistance, but before she put away her things for the night, she waited for a certain student who was always brought in by his teacher.

     A knock disrupted her thoughts, "Ms. (L/n), Amane needs some wounds treated." Mr. Tsuchigomori said, and if the circumstances weren't what they were, (Y/n) may have swooned at the sound of Tsuchigomori's voice.

      "You know the drill," she chirped, and began getting the needed supplies out of her kits, as Mr. Tsuchigomori prepared Hanako for the treatments.

What had just happened was an almost everyday occurrence for the teacher and nurse, and it became a routine. It was the same every day, she would care for Amane all while making small talk with Mr. Tsuchigomori. One day though, she was especially happy, she was talking with Amane and Tsuchigomori more than normal, and overall seemed to be in a good mood.

"You seem chipper today." Mr. Tsuchigomori noted, glancing up from his book for a moment.

"I have every right to be!" (Y/n) laughed, "I have a date tonight!" Although she had a crush on Mr. Tsuchigomori, she had been asked out by a handsome young man, named Enji. This threw Tsuchigomori off guard, as he was certain this young woman's personality would prevent her from jumping into a relationship so quickly, as she was known to be a cautious person.

"So... What are you two doing for a date..?" Tsuchigomori asked, awkwardly.

     "Dinner and a movie! This is my third date with him, and the other two have gone so well!" (Y/n) was ecstatic for her date, and couldn't keep her glee contained.

Why should I keep my glee contained? Not like he'll ever like me back. She thought to herself. Even if, Enji is a nice guy! I just know he'll treat me right!

As she continued dating Enji, from an outside standpoint, she was fine, but one glance into her relationship, and you'd see, that assumption would be very, very wrong.

(Warning: abuse)

Enji seemed like a good man in the beginning, but as time went on, (Y/n) could see that it was completely a facade. She loved him almost wholeheartedly, but sadly it wasn't returned. He only dated her to get his parents off his back for being single, and he figured that a naive young woman with a heart of gold would be perfect.

At first the abuse was verbal, which did throw (Y/n) off, but she was desperate for love, and so felt as if she could withstand it. As time went on, Enji's abuse branched out from verbal abuse, to throwing, and punching, inanimate objects. This habit became worse when drunk, which was often for the alcoholic man. This behavior began to have an effect on (Y/n), but her gentle disposition never left. Not many noticed how the damn near ever-present sparkle in her eye was dimming, but Amane. Sadly, it wasn't enough for the child to bring it up.

Life for (Y/n) became worse as Enji started throwing things at her, instead of at the walls. "WOMAN!" He yelled in a rage, "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN THIS HOURS AGO!" Enji gestured to his living room, which looked like a pig sty.

     (Y/n) flinched from where she was in the kitchen. "I'm sorry dear, let me just-" she was cut off abruptly by Enji throwing an empty liquor bottle at her.

      It hit her shoulder, cracking slightly before it hit the floor and shattered. "Now. Clean the damn living room before you end up like that bottle." Enji ordered, ending with a threat.

      (Y/n) nodded, and walked over the broken glass to get to the living room, broom and trash bag in hand. She made sure to be mindful of the glass shards, many of which were now lodged in her feet, and was careful not to get blood on the rug.

     Scared of what might happen if she didn't clean the mess completely, she grabbed the vacuum. "Enji, would you mind if I run the vacuum..?" Her tone was cautious, and quiet.

     "Go ahead." He responded gruffly, eyes still glued to the TV. She ran the vacuum in the kitchen first, and made sure to rid the floor of glass. She moved into the living room,

     "I'm about to start the vacuum, okay? It'll be quick, I promise." (Y/n) warned Enji. He nodded in a zombie-like trance, barely paying attention to his girlfriend. She started the vacuum, and cleaned all around where he was sitting, careful not to get in front of the TV, but alas, it needed to be done. She sighed, and began vacuuming in front of the TV, trying to be quick.

      "MOVE! YOU CAN DO THAT LATER." Enji yelled and threw the remote at her. She was hit on the collarbone on the opposite side of where the bottle hit her.

    "Just leave." Enji ordered, "useless whore." (Y/n), wanting to get out of dodge, left, not even bothering to put her shoes on, seeing as she only lived a few apartments down.

The next day at school, (Y/n) was much more reserved than usual. After treating Amane, and sending him off with some candy, (Y/n) sunk into her chair with a sigh.
    "Is... Is everything alright, (Y/n)?" Tsuchigomori asked, careful not to offend her.

   "Oh, everything is fine! Thank you for worrying though!" (Y/n) lied through her teeth, afraid of what Enji might do if he knew she had told Tsuchigomori.

"(Y/n), you are not fine. I can tell." Tsuchigomori stated, slightly pushing for answers.

"Well... Enji has been a little..." She stopped herself, and froze. (Y/n) heard Enji's footsteps down the hall. She shot up from her seat, and began to put her stuff away. She was certain he had heard what she was telling Tsuchigomori, and was internally panicking. Enji had warned her what he would do if she ever told anyone what was going on.

     Just as she finished putting away her kits, Enji stood in the doorway. "Ready to go?" He asked, giving (Y/n) a fake smile. She nodded fearfully, and walked out with Enji.

Tsuchigomori noticed a note on the desk that said, 'Enji has become violent, do not call the cops unless I don't show up for 2 days. Tell the police to go to this address. Please lock up.' Enji's behavior was even a shock to Tsuchigomori, as he had met the man any times, and had never felt any hostility from him. He shrugged, and followed the instructions on the note, putting it in his pocket.

"You stupid whore. You thought I wouldn't find out about that teacher friend of yours! Well you're dead wrong, sweetie. Good news for me is, you're never leaving this damn apartment again." Enji laughed sadistically. You began to back yourself to the wall. This was the first thing he had said in the entire hour they had been home. The hour that had flown by, you could only remember the pain you felt, and the blood and tears running down your face.

That's how it was for two days. Enji's non-stop beatings and a constant state of dread.

    Tsuchigomori, seeing that it was day 2 of you not showing for work with no excuse, worried him. So he listened to what you had told him to do through the note, and called the police.

You were laying there, in a pool of your own blood, locked in a room while Enji went to work. You suddenly hear police sirens approaching quickly. You sigh in relief, knowing Tsuchigomori listened to what you had told him to do. In a matter of minutes, you were in an ambulance on your way to the nearest hospital, with Tsuchigomori to thank.

Chapter Preview!
Next title: The Past, Aftermath

(Word count after notes: 1,443)