The Past: Aftermath

Warning: mentions of previous abuse
(Another thing, Tsuchigomori doesn't have a canon first name, so for the purpose of this chapter, I'm making him Sota.)

     Being abused for two days straight definitely wasn't how you wanted to spend your Thursday and Friday. That's an obvious statement, but you we're relived to know that Tsuchigomori trusts you enough to believe you when you leave a cryptic note giving him instructions.
It had been three days since you have been found, but right now, you were bored in a hospital bed with nothing to do. You looked up at the clock, just thirty more minutes until Tsuchigomori visits... The visits from Tsuchigomori had become a daily occurrence. You, at first found it a bit strange, but as time went on, you began to find it more sweet than strange. Along with Tsuchigomori's visits, he had seemed to have a change in personality toward you. He went from sarcastic, and uninterested, to a much softer, kinder version of what you once knew. Of course you weren't complaining about his visits, or change of character, it was just... new.
You spent those thirty minutes waiting on Tsuchigomori thinking about him, and how you might feel toward him. You were shaken from your thoughts by a gentle knock at the door. It opens to reveal Tsuchigomori, as it did every day, at the same time. He had a gentle smile on his face at the sight of you awake, as it had been two of the previous days he had visited.
    2 weeks had past, and you were back at the school. Things had gone normally, without a hitch, including the after school routine of helping with Amane's wounds. You could tell he was happy to see you.

~~ Time Skip  ~~

   Months had passed, you and Tsuchigomori were closer than ever. "Yo, (Y/n)..." Tsuchigomori started, a hint of nervousness hanging on his voice, "would you like to go on a date?" You were speechless. Never in a million years did you think Tsuchigomori would ever ask to go on a date with you.
   "Yes!" You responded happily. He seemed happy with your answer, and let his smile grow.
    This was the beginning of what should have been an amazing relationship. After a year of dating, Tsuchigomori proposed, and you, not being an absolute idiot, said yes!
     Soon, after what felt like ages, you were officially Mrs. (Y/n) Tsuchigomori.
    "Sota? How was your day?" You greeted your husband as he entered your office, without Amane, seeing as you helped him earlier in the day. "It was fine, (Y/n)." His answer was short, but you knew he meant nothing by it. You smiled and stood from your seat, walking over to throw your arms around your husband's neck. In response to this, he planted a small kiss on your forehead.
   "Let's go home." He said, a small smile on his face.
   This is how your marriage went, all the way up to Amane's death. When the Yugi boy died, Tsuchigomori became cold, and harsh. He barely showed you any affection, some days went by without him even saying your name. Bad went to worse when he died, some freak car accident.
     You felt as if you were the reason he had passed. Earlier in the day, you had both been in a huge argument.

~Flash back to argument~

     "Sota! I'm tired of being ignored! Just tell me what's wrong!" You pleaded with your husband. He glared at you as he thought of his response, "You couldn't help me, (Y/n). It's my problem."
     "What problem could you not tell your wife about?!" You yelled at him, tears welling up in your eyes.
      "(Y/n). I didn't marry you because I loved you. I married you so I could get my parents off my back, and have them stop telling me to, 'settle down' and get married. I thought it was obvious. I mean, who would want to marry a disappointment like you?" He scoffed.
    You felt your heart break with these words. "Sota... Sota, please tell me what I did wrong..." You cried, softly, falling to your knees. "Whatever I did wrong, I'll fix it!" You kept your head down. He looked at you. "Like I said (Y/n), I only married you to shut up my parents. Now, be a dear and get out of my apartment. Give me the ring, stop using my last name, and get out of my life. That's what could fix this." He spat, anger lacing his voice. You seemed locked in place, you couldn't move no matter how hard you tried. All you could do is watch helplessly as he walked out of the apartment, slamming the door behind himself.
    You got the call saying he had been killed less than an hour after your argument. You felt your heart break more. Suddenly, an immense pain blossomed through your chest, you could tell you were dying. So you stumbled to your nightstand and opened the top drawer. Sitting neatly on top of everything else was the ring box Sota had proposed with. You died sobbing, and clutching that box to your chest.

    The next thing you know, you wake up in a pool. Feeling disoriented, you tried to stand, then proceeded to fall. This caused you to look down at your legs in confusion to find that you no longer had legs. Instead, you had a pink and gold tail. This, as it would most, produced a scream from you chest. The next thing to induce a scream from you was the fact there wasn't any sound leaving your mouth, just bubbles.
    This brought attention to the next nuance. You were underwater. You tried to calm yourself, 'okay.. let's calm down, and take note of my surroundings... I'm underwater, but not drowning... I have a tail... This might be why I'm not drowning...' You eventually calmed yourself, and came to the realization that you were now a supernatural. This was the beginning of your journey as 'The Siren of Heartbreak Pool'.

Word count after note: 1042

Sorry if this chapter feels rushed! This is where the majority of the long term angst begins! It should be mostly uphill from here!