Chapter 7

"Ginny! Max! Wake up!" Hermione screamed. "Your going to be late for practice!" She shouted. "Shut up mione" Max stirred. "Five more minutes" Ginny whined. "Honestly get dressed!" Hermione said walking over to each bed, removing the covers. "Do I have to do everything myself?" Hermione asked rhetorically. Finally, max and Ginny managed to drag themselves out of bed, changing into quidditch uniform. Once they were dressed, they met Hermione in the common room. "Take your time" Hermione moaned. "Oh we will" Ginny and Max giggled. Hermione grabbed their arms and dashed them to the quidditch field. "We're going to be late if you don't hurry up" Hermione kept reminding the girls. "We'll be fine Hermione, see we're almost there." Ginny spoke. "Yes and it's almost ten" Hermione replied. Max rolled her eyes. "Can you slow down a little my legs hurt". The blonde said. "Mine too" the red head agreed. "Fine" the brunette said, releasing her friends arms. Moments later they reached the pitch. "Told you we'd make it in time" Ginny said. "It's 10:01!" Hermione yelled. "Close enough" max laughed lightly, Ginny joining in. "What's this? Hermione? A minute late?" Oliver joked as the three girls walked towards them. "I wouldn't be if it wasn't for these two" Hermione spoke half annoyed, pointing towards max and Ginny. He just smirked as the two girls stood there. Max went to go and get a broom with Ginny and Hermione, making sure she nudged Oliver's shoulder as she past him. He grabbed her wrist, spinning her around to look at him. "What was that for?" He said before bending down slightly to look directly into her eyes. "did I upset you?" "No" she replied lowly, avoiding the eye contact. "Max." He sighed. "You would tell me if I did something right?" Oliver asked. Max hummed in response, finally looking up at him. Wood smiled slightly. "Ok" he said calmly, before letting go of her. She smiled slightly before she walked over to the broom cupboard and got her broom out, walking back to her teammates.

Time skip brought to you by gryffindor playing quidditch

After practice, you were all very sweaty so max decided it'd be best to shower. She made her way to the changing room, got showered, and dressed into fresh clothes. Max was heading to the great hall when she saw a girl with bleach blonde wavy hair walking on her own, and decided to ask her if she was ok. Max jogged up to her. "Hey are you ok? You look lonely" she ask. "Yeah I'm ok" the girl replied softly. "Thank you for asking, I'm Luna lovegood" she said. "I'm max, max lupin" max smiled softly back. "You on your way to lunch?" Max asked. Luna nodded. "I hope there's pudding" she giggled. "Wanna walk with me?" Max suggested. "Sure" Luna smiled. You two began walking, talking to each other about their favourite puddings, what years they're in, their favourite subjects, their timetables, and their favourite teachers. Once they reached the great hall, Max asked what house she was in, Luna replied with Ravenclaw. Since no one were allowed to sit with other houses, they bid their goodbyes and Max went to sit at the Gryffindor table. Once max had sat down, she suddenly started thinking about Sirius black and how he treated her. She then started to worry about her dad, Remus. 'Is he ok?' 'What if he's hurt' 'what if something bad had happened to him 'would Tonks tell me?' 'What if he thinks adopting me was a bad idea' 'what if he thinks I'm a waste of space?' She kept overthinking until you saw Fred and George sit down in front of you. Max looked up as a few tears slid down her cheek. "Woah Maxy you ok?" George asked. "Yeah you're crying" Fred added. "I'm fine. I'm ok. No I'm brilliant." The blonde lied wiping away her tears that started to flow a bit faster. However the twins clearly knew she was lying so Fred slid under the table to sit next to her. She leant her head on his shoulder, feeling another tear roll down her cheek. George nodded towards you implying that he noticed, Fred picked up on what his twin was trying saying and spoke softly "It's ok love, let it out". Max threw her arms around Freds neck and engulfed him into a hug, crying softly into his shoulder as he stroked the girls hair, telling her everything was going to be ok. George then slid under the table to sit the other side of her. George started to draw calming circles into her back as Fred continued to stoke her hair in a calming manner. Max's breathing soon slowed down. After a couple of minutes she lifted her head. "Sorry about getting your jumper wet" she apologised. "That's ok, it'll dry" Fred chuckled. "You wanna talk about it?" George asked. Max nodded slowly. "Go ahead, we're listening." George spoke, still rubbing her back gently. "I keep overthinking. What if my dad thinks I'm a waste of space. Or what if he's hurt?" Max said as her voice began to break. "Maxine. You are far from a waste of space" George said sternly. "And if your dad was hurt, or in any trouble, I think Dumbledore or someone would tell you" Fred added. Max nodded. "Georgie?" Max asked, turning to look at him. He hummed in response. "How did you know my name was Maxine? I never told you" She asked. "Ginny talks a lot, she mentioned your full name was Maxine Black Lupin" he replied, slightly confused as to why she had sirius's last name in her name. "Oh" Max sighed. George finally got the courage to ask you. "Max, is Sirius Black your dad?" Max thought he might ask. "I.. uh.." she stuttered. "It's ok if you don't want to tell me I'm just curious" he quickly added. You contemplated whether or not you could trust them, and decided she could. "No I trust you, both of you" She smiled slightly. This made them both smile with her. "Remus isn't my biological father. Sirius black is. Remus adopted me after he found out Sirius abused me, and chose Harry over me. I don't think Sirius meant to hurt me, either way, he did. Remus was mad at him for doing such a thing, and that he should never chose a godson over his daughter, so he told Sirius that he would adopt me, which he did." Max explained. The twins sat their in slight shock, but they didn't show it. "Max, we're sorry" Fred whispered. "It's alright, you did not do anything" max smiled slightly. "We asked about a sensitive subject." George exclaimed. "You didn't know" she sighed, resting her head back on Fred's shoulder.

Word count: 1141
This is a lot longer than I intended ahaha
Hope you liked it though <3
Not proof read