Chapter 7: Mythical Affairs

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

Weiss: How could you notsmile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

As they stop near the docks and the sounds of foghorns are heard.

Yang:Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: (covering her nose) Ugh, they smell like fish!

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

Ruby: Whoa.

The team looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

Ruby: Huh?

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: You thinking the White Fang?

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Y/n: MAYBE IF YOU DID YOUR JOB BETTER THAN YOU WOULD GET PAID BETTER.

Detective: Who are you?

Y/n: The owner. Now find the people that did this or I'm going to call your boss and tell them to demote you two to metermaids.

Ruby: Y/n?

Y/n: What are you doing here?

Ruby: We could ask you the same thing.

Y/n: I own the store. So I'm the only that gets called when something like this happens.

Ruby: Any suspects?

Y/n: They suspect The White Fang. However, I don't believe it till there is proof.

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!

Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!