Chapter 5: Sudden Interest

It had been a couple of weeks since Y/n became the Assistant Leader of Team RWBY.

While some people would consider him to be luckily that he was technically teamed with 4 girls, they would be wrong. Actually it was anything but pleasant. It didn't help that he had issues with one member as well as three kids. However someone actually would help him out in several situations. Blake had randomly started to try to get to know him better. After all she was engaged to him.

However it's what he said at the lunch he took them all on that stuck in her mind.

Flashback

Ruby: Hey Y/n, what would you do when you meet your fiancee?

Y/n: You told them Weiss.

Weiss: Would you prefer that I didn't tell them?

Y/n: Of course I would. Matter of fact, I would prefer you didn't say anything about it. Just because of that I'm telling them something about you.

Weiss: Go ahead. There is nothing you can say that will embarrass me.

Y/n: Back in the day, Me and Weiss use to share a bed.

Weiss: You Won't.

Y/n: One day I woke up in the morning and I found her hand in my pants.

Weiss: (Looking ashamed) Why did you have to tell them that?

Y/n: Would you prefer that I told them about the another thing?

Weiss: What other thing?

Y/n: Oh, don't you try and deny what you did.

Yang: What did she do?

Y/n: She tried to....

Weiss then jumps towards you and get on her knees.

Weiss: (begging) Please don't tell them that. I'll do anything but just please don't tell them that.

Y/n: Alright, just be prepared for when I come to collect. Anyways, to answer your question Ruby. I guess the first thing that I would tell her is that I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me then she wouldn't be in this situation. If I just paid attention, she could choose how she wants to live. I feel like I've taken her life away. However part of me wants to try and see if their could be a relationship between the two of us.

Flashback Over

Y/n had actually wanted to see if a relationship could work between the two even if it was set up. As for Blake, she wasn't sure. Y/n to her was a mystery to figure out and then their was also Weiss.

As for where they are right now, well everyone was watching the one sided match between Cardin and Jaune.

Cardin Winchester with his mace perched on his shoulder and Jaune Arc opposite him with Crocea Mors drawn, leaning on his weapon as if exhausted, in the spotlight shining on the Beacon Academy auditorium stage.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as Cardin's mace sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.