6

[6]

⋆ ✦ ⋆

You sprung from your bed, breathing ragged as you stared around your room. Moonlight streamed through your windows, revealing the floating particles in the light that drifted around in no particular direction. You took a deep breath and exhaled, repeating the action as you closed your eyes.

Pressing a palm to your forehead, your other hand hovered over your heaving chest. The flashes of blood and cries of agony filling your head. You opened your eyes as in an attempt to distract yourself from the memories of the dream. Your desperate efforts were discarded however; the vision of those gaping wounds that bled an unhealthy amount, the glassy eyes of those who you had failed to save — the dazed expression on those you had grown to adore as life slowly drained from them. For a dream, god, did it feel so real.

It caused your insides to twist unnaturally as the accelerated hammering of your heartbeat slowly sped down from its high. You hunched over, trying hard to regain your composure. Adrenaline coursing through your veins, effectively putting you in a woken state, your crazed eyes darting around the room.

Gradually but slowly, your stiff body relaxed. You sighed, threading your fingers through the strands of your messy hair pausing when you came across something hard. "What the-?" You pulled your hand away, staring at the tiny crumble of brick in your dust coated fingers in wonder. You ran a hand through your hair again, more falling into your lap. "Uhm...?"

You quickly stood up from the bed, and with your now clear mind, saw how much of a mess your room truly was. You grimaced at the flakes of white paint and pieces of ceiling laid scattered on your floor and blankets. if you knew this was a cheap broken-down apartment with a ceiling that was on the verge of falling off, you would've never taken the offer of living here. You may be trash but you had standards.

"I guess it is what it is..."

You mumbled, snatching your blanket and flapped it harshly — the ceiling residue falling to the wooden polish floors. Heavy amounts of dust smacked you, and you choked, a cough forcing its way out of you. You waved your hand, looking to the clock and frowned. It was only three? You had expected it to be at least five.

You sighed, leaning against your window frame, relishing in the serene moment when it is interrupted by a light tapping noise. The peace you had inside of you dispersing as a rush of anxiety came along.

You kicked yourself off the wall, getting a good amount of distance before turning slowly to your window.

A small screech of absolute fear teared itself out your throat at the mere sight. Dull onyx eyes pierced through yours, staring into your soul through the thin glass frame. Fingers positioned in a tapping motion and legs gripping onto who knows what. The slightest ghost of a smile crept onto his lips upon seeing you as if this was like any normal occurrence.