3

[3]

⋆ ✦ ⋆

⋆ ✦ ⋆

You stared at the door in contempt, before retracting back your hand — eyebrows knitting together.

Gulping the lump in your throat, you sighed softly as worry and doubt began to fill you up.

You were starting to really doubt going through with this. Even if you were excited, the idea of becoming a full-fledged ninja does scare you slightly.

But at the same time, it gave you enough adrenaline boost to get through the constant training with Lee and Guy-sensei after the bowl-cut boy proclaimed you as his eternal rival a week back. You wanted to decline at first, but seeing Lee's sullen face after you said you wouldn't do it had already sealed the deal. You really really hated waking up at five in the morning though.

And the fact that they did just one exercise for at least one thousand times or more did not help your sore body. As much as you admired them and their ability to manage that without much of a sweat, you hoped they knew that even hard work is important; rest is just as important too. Though, you had a hunch they didn't.

Inhaling deeply, you forcefully let out a huge exhale, relaxing your muscles and rolling back your tense shoulders.

If there was a time to stop being such a pathetic person, it was now. You didn't spend all those sessions with them just to chicken out at the last minute. You could literally hear Guy-sensei shouting about you finding your hidden youth or something along the lines of that.

..That's right, this was your springtime of youth!

You got this, you can do this. Sure some things might not go too well, but you were prepared for this. You were ready—

The door flew open and a familiar blond stared at you, jaw falling down as his eyes grew wide.

"[M/n]?!" You waved at Naruto awkwardly, a faint smile on your face. He mirrored your expression but somehow made it seem even more warm and welcoming. "What are you doing here? Are you here to see me or something? Hehe, I guess you just love me that much, huh? Or, or, or could it be.." A loud gasp exploded out of his mouth as if he had discovered gold.

"Are you the new student that Iruka-sensei was talking about??" He squealed, grinning like a mad man.

You bit back a laugh, looking at the boy, a tiny smile curling your lips up as you shrugged. "I don't know, guess you'll find out."

Naruto's eyes seemed to lighten up more than you've ever seen before, as he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a short quick hug.

"Oh. There you are."

A softer voice sounded from behind him as Shino revealed himself behind the smiling boy.

You hummed in response, standing on your tiptoes again because of that stupid mountain of both anxiety and excitement bubbling inside your chest.