5

[5]

⋆ ✦ ⋆

If there was a word to describe Hideko Osada, It wouldn't exist. Her personality changed far too often. She could shift through five emotions in a row and you wouldn't know. She wore her emotions like a mask, carefully selecting the ones that were most appropriate for the situation. The ones that enable her to be able to trap her prey carefully. The ones that made her able to manipulate people and make them as useful as the puppets she used.

The world was a chessboard and it took just one genius to become the god on whichever side she wanted to be on. It was just too fun for her to quit. At the age of eleven she was already showing what she was capable of.

The Tea House allowed her to experiment on whatever she wanted. She could do whatever she wanted to the tea. Just like the women who served them their food and drinks, urging them to drink more of the poisoned liquid with a twisted smile and a hidden glint of dark amusement in their eyes.

The Osada clan was a cruel one but they hid it well.

When [M/n] [L/n] had walked through that door, she had the undeniable urge to turn him out. He had innocence that she didn't want tainted. Unlike her.

She had murdered souls clinging onto the yakuta she wore. Wherever she walked she could hear them whispering beside her, eternally damming her to a life of pain and misfortune. Hideko Osada's luck couldn't go on for that long. The whole clan knew that the Hokage was starting to look into their history and none of them wanted that. Some of the members had secrets that were meant to be swept under the rugs or into the urn pots. And none of them needed the Hokage poking around in their lives.

But, they couldn't do much against the Hokage. Not when he was an important part of the land.

In Hideko's opinion, Sarutobi was the most useless man to ever live. Sure he had his good points but those against all his wrongs would never add up to an equal equation. He had allowed Orochimaru to become a villain. The great healer Tsunade had become a drunk and a gambler from what she heard, and Jiraiya had become enamored and tangled into the charms of women.

And this man did nothing to battle it except for lounging around in his office and smoking that stupid pipe of his.

She decided to sweep all thoughts of the Hokage as she turned to the [h/c] male, a fake smile adorning her features.

He had greeted her awkwardly, obviously recognising her as the girl who sat by the windows, observing everyone from a distance.