His Greatest Support

March 9, 2020

Commonwealth Day 2020 in the UK- The Commonwealth Day Service was Harry and Meghan's last official public appearance

William and Catherine proceeded out of the church and seemed incredibly happy, especially as they were greeted by children on the way out. They both love children, so it was no surprise that they were getting down to their level to converse and laugh with them. After they made their way down the line of children, they got into the car to head back to Kensington Palace.

"Oh, thank god, I can't wait to go home and relax. As much as I love being with the family, I love relaxing after a day of engagements." William says.

"Ugh, I wish! I am going to Buckingham Palace tonight for the reception to celebrate 25 years of the charity Place2Be that I am the patron of." Catherine responds.

"Oh, that's right. But you will enjoy it, there will be lots of children there!"

"I know!" Catherine starts. "I feel like we just got back from Ireland and I really want to spend time with the children. I mean what brilliant thing do you think they will come up with tonight? Catherine jokes.

"I understand that, but, darling, you are so good with those children and they will love seeing you!"

"I know. And I'm excited because I love seeing all the children from all of my patronages and giving them joy, even if it only lasts for the moment."

"And that's one of the reasons I love you," William says with a smile.

That Evening At Kensington Palace

Catherine finishes getting ready before heading downstairs, being careful of her beautiful blue gown, to say goodbye to William, George, Charlotte, and Louis before leaving for the reception. She heads down the stairs and loves the sight she sees; William is sitting playing a game with their children while Lupo closely observes from the couch. She hates to interrupt the moment but has to leave.

"William, I have to leave now!" Catherine shouts as she hears 4 sets of feet come trampling towards the door.

"George, Charlotte, Louis, please be good for Papa tonight. I love you all so much." She says getting down to the level of her children.

"Okay, Mummy," George starts as his siblings joining him to say, "Love you, Mummy."

The kids start to run away as William walks over towards Catherine.

"You look amazing," William says.

"Thank you," Catherine says with a smile before going more serious. "William, I need you to promise me something."

"What is it?"

"I know that you very rarely do, but please don't look at the headlines on articles from the event today. There was something said about our relationship with your brother and Meghan. I really don't want you to read it and get upset, no matter how real or fake the headlines are."

"Ugh, I hate that. Because of the fact that it involves you and Harry, it really makes me want to read and see what they say. But because of the fact that you asked me to, I will try my hardest not to," William says.

"Thank you. Now, I have to leave. I love you!" Catherine says.

"I love you too," William says before heading into the living room while Catherine to heads out to the car.

After The Reception At Buckingham Palace

Catherine gets in the car and travels the 6-minute drive from Buckingham Palace back to Kensington Palace. She opens her phone to see a text from William that says the kids were in bed all asleep. That makes her happy because then she knows they are getting enough sleep that night. She also notices a text from her sister, Pippa. It was one of the headlines from earlier with a message that said "They just can't leave it alone, can they?" Catherine responds, filled with a small amount of rage over the headlines, with a simple "No, they can't and won't." After she sends her message, she realizes that the car had already arrived at Kensington Palace, much faster than she anticipated.