Luckiest Woman Alive

24 May 2021

*William's POV*
The past 3 days have been so much fun but I have missed Catherine, George, Charlotte, and Louis so much. I wish that they were all here with me, but I am so excited to be able to see Catherine today. It sucks that we have so many engagements today, but it will be fun to have her by my side. I am right now getting ready as I have a video call before she gets here.

*Catherine's POV*
The past 3 days with the children have been so much fun, but I have greatly missed William. It will be nice to be back in Scotland and going back to St. Andrew's so soon after our 10th wedding anniversary. The children are currently still sleeping, so I am waking them up before I have to leave.

I walk into each of their rooms and give each one of them a small kiss on the head before waking them up. They all follow me down stairs and I hate to leave them, but I have to get going as William and I have a tight schedule.

"Mummy will miss you guys so much. I love you and so does Papa." I say.

"I love you so much. If I give you something I made for Papa, will you give it to him for me please?" George asks me.  

"Oh me too! And Louis?" Charlotte exclaims.

"Go get it fast and I'm sure he will love it!" They all scurry of very fast and I take the time to send a quick text to WIlliam.

C: I'm about to leave and have a surprise for you when I get there! See you soon💕

W: Can't wait! See you soon! Love you❤️

C; Love you too❤️

I put my phone down just as the children run back through the door. I see them holding cards and know that they could only be 'miss you' cards.

"Mummy, Mummy!" Louis yells as he runs and gets chased by his elder sister. I bend down and get on his level as he runs right into my arms. I back stand up and bring him with me.  He looks at me with his biggest smile. "We made cards for Papa!"

"I see that Louis! Let me see them!" I say as I examine each one quick. "These are beautiful! He will love them!"

"I have to get going, so please be good for Grandma Carole. I love you all so much." I say.

"Love you too Mummy! Bye!" All three respond with the biggest smile. I give all of them another hug and kiss then have to leave.

"Bye babies, I'll see you Thursday night!" I say as I walk out of the front door.

I head to the car and get in as the drive to the train station. Throughout the drive I think and reminisce about all the fun times we had back in St. Andrew's. I'm so excited to be able to have some extra time to ourselves while we are there and are getting to stay in the dorms their tomorrow.

After the ride we arrive and embark on the journey to Edinburgh. I decided to check out the Kensington Palace Twitter. I decide to look at the posts that we have been tagged in and see that all the recent ones are from the 3 solo days that William has been in Scotland. My favorite one that I see is one from a user called @/royallygreys and it says "I LOVE YOU YOUR ROYAL HOTNESS!" I keep scrolling and start to see the reaction of the picture of William getting his COVID vaccine. They are all brilliantly entertaining as they talk about how lucky I am to be married to him or that I am the luckiest women alive. I would have to say that I don't disagree about being lucky to be married to him, because there is no one else in this world that I would rather have spent the past 10 years, and 7 before that, with.         

Sooner than I expected, the train arrives in Edinburgh. I am never this excited for a royal tour but I think that since William and I are reuniting and in a place that holds so much joy in our hearts, this will be a good tour. The train comes to a stop and I get off once everything is prepped and ready for me. I get into the car and start the journey from the train station to the Palace of Holyroodhouse.