The Toughest Week Yet

Story idea from @royalty_stories

Sunday 7th March 2021

The end credits on the Oprah With Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special start as a tense and rageful William furiously clicks of the TV remote. He throws it down at the couch being careful to not hit Catherine. William begins pacing as Catherine can sense the anger, sadness, and tears all forming within her. Slow tears start to fall from her eyes as William kept pacing.

Catherine lays back on the couch and pulls a blanket over every part of her body but her head. The tears still come out of her eyes, now at a much faster pace. She was thinking about how Meghan had just gone onto international television and shared how Catherine used her voice and accidentally made her cry. She had been the bigger person and apologized, but her question was why? Why did Meghan have to share the truth of the story? She knew Meghan said that she didn't want to damage her reputation, but at this moment, she didn't care about her public image. She cared that her sister-in-law had to go off and publicize a resolved family matter.

While William was pacing he was deep in thought. He was all for his brother being open about his mental health and struggles, but this was too much. He went on television and trashed his family, talked about the broken family relationships, and went as far as to call them racists. William wasn't sure what had changed in his brother, but he didn't like it.

He continued to pace but it came to a halt when he saw his wife curled under a blanket with silent tears shedding from her eyelids. He felt terrible for it taking almost 20 minutes for him to notice this. He immediately rushes over to her and puts his hands on her shoulders and turns her to face him. When their eyes connect, she only starts to cry harder. William rubs his hands up and down her body, hoping it will help like it usually can.

After a few minutes when this doesn't work, all he can think to do is lean Catherine forward and sit right behind her and hold her as close as humanly possible. As he sits behind her, his heart breaks and he loses a few of his own tears. He tries to calm her down by rocking them back and forth and turning her in, so her body is facing him. As she lays there for several minutes, he rubs small and gentle circles on her back. Her tears eventually slow and come to a stop. She sits up and wipes her eyes a few times before turning around in her husband's embrace and leaning back into him, releasing a small sigh.

"Talk to me, Catherine. I really wanna know how you're feeling because this is not going to be an easy time." William gently pushes.

"I just don't understand why they had to say some of this information. I acknowledge that I made her cry before their wedding, but I apologized and we moved past it. I just don't know why the past can't be put behind us. Then when Harry went out and called us and the whole family racist, I guess that just struck me because I never knew that anyone viewed us and the others that way." She says before a few more tears come from her eyes. William is quick to wipe them with his thumbs before responding.

"Oh, Catherine, I'm so sorry darling. I wish that she didn't have to say those things about you. I know it doesn't matter to us how the public views you and me, but it's a matter of fact that she is still our family. I wish that we could just move past all this and everything could be normal for us again." He responds with his full attention to his heartbroken wife.

"Oh, I know William. I want the same thing. For now, how about we just go to bed because I am very tired and want to go to sleep." Catherine replies as she nestles her head into William's body before almost falling asleep.

William picks her up and walks them to their bedroom. Once he reaches the bed, he places Catherine down in her spot and then walks over and climbs in behind her. He places a quick kiss on her cheek and says a quiet "I love you" before dozing off into his own slumber.