09

"I wish I could show my mom what I did to those boards, but if she knew where I was right now she'd kill me." Miguel says as he puts on his socks. Miguel and I spent last night training in the high school pool, learning how to kick. We both almost drowned a couple times but it ended up working out. Today, Dad had us kick some wooden boards, and they actually broke. I'm not saying I could kick someone's ass but I could definitely kick someone's ass.

"What's up with that?" I ask my dad as he walks out of his office, holding a piece of paper.

"Nothing." He says with a sigh. "Put your guy's costumes on, I'm driving you both to the dance. We're gonna pick up more students."

Miguel pulls his costume out of the bag, and when he puts it on I see that it is just a robe with flowers and some sort of cloth with holes cut into it.

"And you are..?" I ask him, confused on what I'm looking at.

"Well, it started off as Deadpool, then I think it was Spiderman, then it just kinda became some generic superhero." He says.

"Yeah, a poor one at that. You're Poor-man." He says, slightly laughing at his own joke.

"Well I cant let you go out like that. We have a reputation to uphold." Dad says, making me raise my eyebrow.

"What do you suggest?"

~~~

Miguel and I just arrived at the dance, my dad gave him some skeleton costume and even though it's kinda basic, it's pretty cool.

I decided to be Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch. My costume basically consists of a dark red leather corset, a red leather jacket, leather pants, leather gloves and boots. I didn't realize how much leather she wore before I chose to be her.

 I didn't realize how much leather she wore before I chose to be her

^^^^ her outfit if you don't watch marvel

When Miguel and I walk into the dance, we immediately make our way over to Demetri and Eli, our only two friends.

"Oh, skeleton. Classic. Nice." Demetri says to Miguel. "And Scarlet Witch, nice choice."

"Thank you very much." I say and do a courtesy with my long jacket.

"I like your sorcerer costume." Miguel says to Demetri.

"Sorcerer? Please. I'm a necromancer." Demetri says, pointing to his face. "Didn't you see the amulet?"

"Yeah Miguel, the amulet." I say, hitting his arm. In all honesty I have no idea what he is.

"So are you a regular doctor or..." Miguel asks Eli, but he trails off at the end.

"Plastic surgeon. I fix lips." Eli responds.

"Nice." Miguel and I say at the same time.

It's silent for a second before I decide to speak up.

"Ok this is boring, who wants to dance?" I ask, looking at the three boys, none of which who answer. "Ok fine. Eli, you gotta dance with me."

"No thanks." He says quietly, the surgical mask he's wearing muffling his voice a little.

"Oh c'mon." I say, and instead of waiting for him to answer I take his hand and lead him to the dance floor. Once we get there he just stands there awkwardly, making me chuckle.

"Ok, when you're on a dance floor you typically, I don't know, dance?" I say teasingly.

"I can't dance." He says to me.

"Me either," I say, grabbing his hands once again, "but I'm pretty sure all we have to do is jump around, that's what everyone else is doing."

With our hands interlocked, I start to jump to the music, and after a second he does too. I start to laugh at our stupid we probably look, but I don't mind. Even with his mask on I can tell that he is smiling.

After a little while of the song we are dancing to playing, I notice it change into a slow song. We both stop dancing and look at each other.

"We should probably go back to Miguel and Demetri." I say, looking at him.

"Yeah." He says, as awkward as ever. After a second of us looking at each other, we leave the dance floor to go find our friends.

After a couple seconds of searching, I find them standing at the punch table staring at a couple girls.

"Over there." I say to Eli as we make our way over to them.

"Let's ask the dragon queens to dance." I hear Miguel say.

"Dragon queens?" I say, making them both jump, both of them not realizing I was there.

"Yes, dragon queens. Miguel over here doesn't realize we have time to ask them." Demetri says to me. A couple seconds after he says that though a guy comes up and takes one of them to dance.

"Shit." Miguel says, not too loudly, "We just lost one to Doctor Who."

"I have to go to the bathroom." Eli announces to us.

"Yeah, me too." Demetri says, "That punch is going right through me."

All of them start to walk away before I yell at them.

"Wait, I don't have any friends I'm waiting outside of the bathroom for you guys." I say, catching up to them. I don't have much skill when it comes to social situations so I'd rather stand outside of the boys bathroom then in the dance alone.

"Ok." Miguel says when I start walking next to them.

When we get to the bathroom I wait outside when they go in. I'm on my phone when I see Kyler and his friends walking into the bathroom a minute after them.

"Oh shit." I whisper to myself. I decide that I'm not going to go in there unless I know something is wrong. Who knows, it could go civilly and they might just not speak to each other.

Suddenly I see Eli and Demetri running out of the bathroom, but no Miguel.

"Guys!" I yell at them, causing them to stop. "What happened?"

"Miguel's in there with Kyler and them." Demetri says to me. "I suggest you don't go in there."

"Shit." I curse before going against my better judgement and walking into the boys bathroom.

———————————————————————————

A/N: three updates in one day 😌