26

Halfway through the movie, I decide that I'm bored. I sit up from where I was laying, and I pause the movie.

"Hey, I was watching that." Hawk says in an annoyed tone.

"Welp, too bad. I'm bored." I announce.

"And how is that my problem?" He asks me.

"It just is." I tell him.

"Okay, so what do you wanna do?" He asks me.

"Uhh," I say, trying to figure out what to say, "we could play 21 questions?"

"Really?" He asks.

"Yes, really." I say, rolling my eyes. "You go first."

"Okay, what's your favorite color?" He asks me.

"Ugh, that's a boring question, we need funner questions to make this interesting." I tell him, "But, lavender is my favorite color."

"Okay, you're turn." He says.

"Okay, my question is gonna be more interesting then yours." I pause and think of what to say, "Who's  your two favorite people from the dojo?"

"Oh, easy, You and Miguel." He answers quickly.

"Wow, I'm honored." I say, pretending to wipe a tear.

"Yeah you should be, but my turn now. What's the worst thing you ever got caught doing?" He asks.

"Umm, one time, my old friend and I got high out of our minds in my bedroom. My dad obviously smelled it and came in and busted us, I've never seen him that pissed." I say, slightly laughing. The truth was that was not a good memory, my dad was drunk off of his ass and I got screamed at, it was pretty damn scary, but I'm not going to make this game deep.

"Oh shit!" He says laughing, causing me to laugh along. While we're laughing at each other, I stare at him. His hair isn't in a mohawk because of the beach, so it's just down. And I notice how his eyes crinkle when he laughs, and how his nose does this little thing where it scrunches up. He's pretty attractive if you think about it. Wait, what am I thinking? This is my friend, only my friend. Nothing more.

"Okay, my turn." I say when the laughing dies down. "Why'd you choose a mohawk?"

"Cause it's badass." He tells me.

"Well yeah, but like why? What made you want to have a 'badass' mohawk?" I ask him once more.

"Uh, well I mean I was just kind of tired of being bullied I guess. And you and Miguel looked like you were doing pretty good in the dojo, so I wanted to try it out. And the only way I could succeed in doing that, was by flipping the script. So that's what I did. I chose the mohawk also because it would draw peoples attention to my hair, not my face." He tells me, looking down at his lap and fiddling with his fingers.

I put my hand on top of his, trying to comfort him in some way. After a couple of seconds of it being there, I abruptly take it off, getting nervous once more.

"We'll uh-" He clears his throat, "My turn. Have you ever been in love?"

"Nope." I answer straight away.

"No? Really?" He asks, sounding shocked.

"Mhm, never had a boyfriend or anything. Well I mean except for elementary school." I say to him.