14

A/N: This is so wordy I'm sorry, I'm literally so exhausted xD <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what had happened in the library Tom had stopped ignoring you, however he seemed to be colder than ever. Towards you, to everyone. You couldn't help but wonder whether it was because of what you pulled in the restricted section the other week or if it was something else that was bothering him, either way it was awful.

It did have a few bonuses though. Most of the Tom fangirls stopped hating you or sneering at you from the halls or across the classrooms as from anyone's perspective it would seem as if he hated you which of course they all adored the idea of. 

You hadn't gotten much out of the book you had gotten from the restricted section so far which frustrated you to no end, although you had been skipping a lot of meals and pulled so many all nighters trying to find something, you had promised Jack and Dan you would head down to the great hall for lunch this afternoon and sit with them as they were beginning to get concerned for your health. To put their minds at ease you got up and left the common room making your way down the hall and towards the large double doors when Dan suddenly grabbed your arm and pulled you away forcing you to face him and away from everyone else.

"Dan!? Are you okay? What's going on?" His entire face seemed conflicted and angry, you hadn't seen him like this for a while so to say it concerned you would be an understatement.

"Y/N, Yes, hello I think we should eat somewhere else today It's pretty cramped in there you know."

Dan was never good at improv or lying for that matter but you didn't want to pry as he looked genuinely persistent so you just decided to go along with it.

"Yeah sure that's fine, I'll just go grab some food so we can go eat." You turned and left, heading into the hall before Dan could comprehend what you said and hurried to turn you away but stopped as he saw the look on your face.

Jack was standing, grabbing Alexs' collar obviously threatening to harm him as Alex was laughing at his enraged expression. The entire hall now watching in anticipation.

"Mr. Barlow and Mr. Cullen! Stop this instant!" You could hear Dumbledoor yell from the front of the hall.

"What are you gunna do Alex? You gunna tell daddy on me?" You could hear Jack yelling in Alexs' face.

"Oh you have no idea what I'm going to do to you." He seethed through his teeth. You didn't know how to react, he was supposed to be expelled and yet here he was ten feet in front of you getting threatened by your best friend.

You could hear Dan cursing quietly at himself under his breath as he came up behind you, tugging gently at your robes to come with him but you just stood there glaring holes into Alex as he smugly smiled, obviously proud of the attention he was gaining. You were confused and needless to say incredibly enraged at the sight of him. Some would say you were overreacting, that it wasn't as bad as you were making it out to be, but you couldn't get what would have happened if Tom hadn't shown up out of your head. You hated how vulnerable you made yourself and you hated him even more.

"Wait, wait wait wait Y/N what are you doing don't go over there...... Merlin save me." He sighed as he followed you towards the pair arguing, praying you don't do anything stupid.

"Jack what's going on?" You asked purposefully avoiding Alexs' gaze which was now solely fixed onto you.

"Y/N? Y/N! What are you- Dan! Dan, you had one job." Dan murmerd an apology from behind you both.

"Jack seriously what's happening how did this parasite weasel its way back in here?" The obvious lack of amusement playing on your tongue struck something in Alex causing him to audibly laugh at your words and perplexed expression.