8

A/N: I know Amortentia takes like a day to brew or something but hushhh. So much is incorrect anyway it's fine xD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally that time of the year. The time when you would wrap up warm and sit by the fire with a hot drink in your hand. The time of year where you dreamt of christmas shopping for all your friends, which you now finally could. This made you incredibly excited. Halloween was by far your favorite holiday, but christmas was a close second, and it was slowly approaching.

You got up, got dressed and went down to the great hall for breakfast. Surprisingly there were many people in the hall already, you were surprised as you woke up especially early this morning and wasn't expecting this many people.

You sat at your table when a voice sounded behind you, making you turn around to look up and see the tall, charismatic boy standing with his hands in his robe pockets.

"Hey, Y/N!" Alex said as you both made eye contact. 

"Oh hey Alex, how are you?" You asked watching as he took something out of his pocket.

"I'm fine thank you. Well um. I was wondering if you would accompany me to Hogsmeade tomorrow, I was assuming you were going there to pick up things for your friends anyway, but then I thought once you were done we could get butterbeers or something?" It was true how you had intended to go and get presents anyway, and plus a butterbeer couldn't hurt, you hadn't tried one before so you had always been intrigued by it.

"Yeah sure, sounds fun." You answered. The unsure look on his face quickly changed to one of flirtatious confidence smirking at you slightly.

"Great. I'll meet you outside your common room at 1:00." With that he winked and left.

"Wow." You turned to your right to see Riddle looking down at a book on potions and an empty plate next to him.

"Wow what?"

"I just never thought you would be into short, flirtatious, and highly predictable guys." He replied, a hint of amusement and... jealousy? In his voice.

"Jealous Riddle? And besides I'm not into him, I'm just going to meet up with my friends to get a butterbeer after buying gifts for people. It's nothing like that." 

"Are you honestly that ignorant or just plain stupid." He finally looked up from his book to look at you, his eyebrow was raised in his usual bemused yet stern glare. You just glared back in confusion causing him to sigh loudly and close his book.

"Your other 'friends' aren't going. It's just the two of you. A date if you prefer." You looked in utter bewilderment. Alex had always flirted with you but you thought it was just a part of his complex personality.

"Oh-" You bagan to say, no one had really asked you out before. You got a few remarks from guys as you walked through the corridors, but you never got close enough to someone to actually be asked out. You weren't even sure how you would feel to like someone considering you never found yourself interested in people as most other girls in your year. You thought it was ridiculous that they wished to prioritise short term relationships that would lead nowhere over their education which was the entire reason you were there in the first place. Wow.. you must be fun at parties-

"Shit." You finally finished and threw your head in your hands as you sighed exasperatedly. After a moment you finally sat back up and looked to your right towards the giant double doors to see if Alex was still there, but saw Tom instead as he was still looking at you.

"Aight. I'll see you in potions later I guess. I have to go deal with this mess." You sighed before getting up. He just nodded and went back to his book growling slightly at the sudden movement and advances from girls after you had left.