#4:Acquaintance

"[Y/N]! What took you so long, gorgeous?"

Reiner was always one to flirt with her. Even though she'd told him she was too old for him, he would never stop the teasing, even though there were no real intentions behind it. She had just grown to recognize it as part of his personality.

She sighed. "Hey there, Reiner. How did cleaning go, everyone? Also where's my stuff?" [Y/N] asked, sitting down between Armin and Sasha.

"The corporal pointed me a room and told me to put your stuff in there, so I guess it's yours. I also had to clean your room for you, you spoiled princess. You're lucky I like ya." replied a slightly annoyed Ymir.

"Thanks, Ymir. I'll have to pay you back for that. Are the rooms nice?"

From then on, conversation flowed, just like it did back in the training corps. Jean and Eren bickered as usual, Sasha could barely speak between her bites, and Armin was talking to Bertholdt about some book he'd been reading recently. As they finished up breakfast and left for the training area, [Y/N] finally mentioned the meeting with Hange.

"...So basically, I have to eat lunch with the higher-ups."

Everyone gasped.

"That's amazing, [Y/N]!" Armin exclaimed, looking up at her. "What a great opportunity! You have to tell me how it goes!"

"She has to tell us all how it goes, shortcake!" corrected Jean.

Before Eren could say anything, [Y/N] hurried them all outside of the building. She was awfully tired of all the bickering.

Plus, she did have a soft spot for Armin.

~~

"[Y/NNNNNNNNN]! [Y/N], HEY! OVER HERE!"

[Y/N] sighed. She'd hoped to make her way to the high table without anyone noticing her too much, but said hope was quickly crushed as she heard Hange Zoe's voice calling her. Deciding to at least make a good impression, she walked to them, head high and proud, even as she could feel the stares of dozens of scouts she'd never met before.

As she arrived, she saluted.

"I already told you to cut that off!" was all the poor girl heard before being dragged down to sit beside an overly enthusiastic squad leader.

"Hange!"

"Not to worry, cadet [L/N]. Hange has a only taken quite the liking to you," said I kind, but strong voice.

Looking up, her eyes met with a pair of blue ones. The man seemed to be tall and large with strong features, but a tiny, soft smile on his lips.
So, he was commander Smith.

On the other hand, Erwin was quite surprised once he got a proper look to the woman. The rumors were true, then; She was even more gorgeous than what he was expecting. Taken aback, he couldn't tear his eyes away from her curious, [E/C] ones.

Their eye contact was broken as [Y/N] heard a sniffing sound right beside her right hear.

"A-ah! what on earth-"

"Oh, sorry." A large, sheepish man was looking at her. "I do this every time I meet someone new. I tend to forget people aren't used to that. You smell good, by the way!" He walked back to his seat.

"...I don't know what to do with that information, but thank you, sir. I guess."

"Tch. You morons are scaring her."

The corporal sat down directly in front of her, sipping his tea with a bored look. Now that she looked at him, she couldn't help but notice how handsome he really was. He was shorter than her by quite a lot, but he had the presence of a 6'5 grown man. His greyish eyes met hers once again.