Jo's POV:

"Who is this?"

"Izzy. Izzy Stevens."

My heart dropped. Izzy, Alex's first love, who I was terrified he would run back to at any moment was here on the phone. I was so lost in my thoughts I didnt realise she was still on the phone.

"Helloo?"

"Uh, hi. Yes, Izzy this is Jo. Alex is aleep but I'll uhh. I'll tell him you called."

"Who is it?" I think I woke Alex up. He was yawning and rubbing his eyes.

I put the phone on speaker

Izzy's voice appeared "Oh that's no problem, I'll just call later."

"Izzy??" Alex looked just as shocked as I was. Except he looked a bit happy. He jumped up and ran to the phone.

"Alex! I'm sorry for calling this early but I couldn't stop thinking about you since our phone call the other day."

Phone call? What? So his been calling her. Great. I dont know if I want to hear the rest of this conversation.

Alex's POV:

Crap. Why did Izzy have to go and say that?
Now Jo will think I've been hiding things from her. Okay I have, but for her own good.
Nothing happened and I would never do anything to hurt Jo. I love her.

"Alex I have to tell you something. Im not married. Those kids you heard on the phone, their yours."

"Wait, what?"

I looked over at Jo and it looked like her world had crumbled apart. A tear was falling silently down her cheek.

"Izzy, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Remember when I had cancer and we froze my eggs. Well I used them and now we have 2 beautiful kids. Twins -- Eli and Alexis."

Jo let out a small gasp.

I was speechless. I had kids.

"Izzy that's amazing. But why didnt you tell me? I mean these are my kids too."

"I know. Im sorry. I just didnt want to disrupt your life and the kids and I were doing good on our own. But when you called it felt wrong not to tell you."

"I'm happy you told me, but I'm married now."

"Oh my God, is that the girl who answered the phone? Jo?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so what? You're just refusing to see your children?"

"No! I-- I just need a moment to think about all this and I'll get back to you."

"But-"

I switched off the phone

Wow. Twins. Me, Alex Karev a father? That's crazy. I mean I always wanted kids but I imagined they'd be with Jo.
Jo!

I turned around and she was sitting on the bed staring into the abyss.

Jo's POV:

Okay well I guess this is it. He's gonna go back to her and I'm gonna be alone. Again. I dont why I ever thought this would be different. The other shoe always drops.

"I asked you. When I found the sperm donation forms, if you had any Izzy babies running around. I guess you did. You should've called her then. Well actually I guess you did a few days ago without telling me"

"Jo I can explain. I didnt think she would use those eggs, and I called her because I was going to ask her for a statement for Mer's trial."

"Okay, but why lie? Did you really even get your phone stolen in Iowa or did you try to find her?"

"Whoa, Jo stop."

I broke down and started crying.

"I just dont know what to believe anymore."

Alex ran to me and hugged me while I bawled my eyes out

After a while I stopped

"No. Alex, this isn't about me." I sniffed. " These are your kids and you have a right to see them. I understand if you want to go. You deserve someone who doesnt break like glass. This is your out."

"Jo, I love you so much and I'm never ever gonna leave you, understand? Yes I wanna see the twins, but we can work something out. We can both go visit or they can come here. Either way, Im not going anywhere. I promise. And you're my wife, you have a right to be upset."

I stopped crying

"I've had anyone who's loved me this much."

We stayed hugging and fell asleep in each others arms.

_____________________

That was chapter 2!! Thank you for the support on the previous chapter💌 If you're enjoying this story, please vote and share it with people💗 What do you think will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!!