*Knock knock*

Alex's POV:

"Oh my God they're here" shouted Jo while running to the door

I jumped up and followed her. The panic in my chest rises. They weren't supposed to be here for another half hour. I don't think any amount of time would be able to prepare me for this moment. I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Hey guys!! Sorry we're a little early but the twins were getting restless at the hotel and I didn't want to underestimate Seattle traffic." Izzy laughed

"No worries" I smile and look down at the boy and girl eagerly staring up at me

"Eli, Alexis; this is your dad." Izzy said carefully

I crouched down so I could be eye-level with them

"Hi kids, nice to finally meet you. Your mom's told me so much great things about you." I say. My heart is pounding hard inside my chest. You could cut the tension with a knife, everyone waiting to see how they would react.

Alexis jumps forward and hugs me so tight I nearly fall backwards. The tension is gone when everyone starts laughing. She pulls away and I take a look at her. Blonde hair, brown eyes, rosy cheeks, and the brightest smile. She's Izzy through and through.

"Hi" Eli says shyly while coming out from behind his mom

"Hey there little man, what's up? What's that you got there?" I ask pointing to a koala bear plush doll in his arms

"Oh, this is for you. I read about Australia and they have around 43000 koala bears!." He says, growing more confident. He hands me the doll

"Yeah we got it at the airport. In case you ever miss Australia!" Alexis cuts in

"Australia?" What are they talking about?

"Uhh kids I think your dad can talk about that with you another time." Izzy shuts them down and widens her eyes at me, signalling.

Umm that was weird

"Oh! I'm sorry, everyone - this is my wonderful wife, Jo."

Jo's POV:

"Hi guys" I smile

I was silent the whole time, letting them have their moment. It was so cute seeing Alex interact with his children, and they are soo adorable!!

"Oh my God you guys. Come in, come in!" I gesture them inside and close the door.

"Right sorry" Alex stands up off the floor

He's still really nervous but I think the energy in the room is starting to ease up.

"Um so the food is probably gonna be a little while. It's still cooking. Everyone good with roast chicken?"

"Mm that's sounds delicious!" Izzy exclaims. "It'll go perfect with the cookies I made! Where can I put them down?"

"Oh just bring them over here in the kitchen."

She follows me to the kitchen and sets the basket of cookies down on the counter.

Izzy and I alone in the kitchen. Great.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Jo." She says

"Yeah, you too!" I'm not really sure what else to say after that. What can I say?

We both look ahead at the living room and smile. The twins are unpacking all the toys and puzzles they brought, and showing Alex.

Izzy turns and looks at me