Alex's POV:

Today is the day -- I'm meeting the twins. Izzy is bringing them to Seattle. I'm so excited and nervous and I have a million things racing through my head.

Jo's POV:

We're meeting the twins today and honestly, I'm excited. The only thing I'm nervous about is meeting Izzy. I wish I wasn't so insecure but what if Alex's feelings come rushing back when he sees her?

You know what? This is about Alex, not me.

"You okay?" I ask Alex

"Yeah, I'm just freaking out a little bit. What if they don't like me? I've already been a crappy dad by not being there for 6 years of their life. I really don't wanna mess this up Jo."

"You won't. You can't blame yourself for not being there because you didn't know. All you can do now is make up for it by being the best dad, which I know you will be!!"

I went to kiss him on the cheek

Alex's POV:

Jo really is the best girl I could ever ask for. I love her so much. She's been so supportive even though I know shes hurting.

"Let's go to the grocery store!!" said Jo

"What for?"

"Well I need to get ingredients if I'm going to make dinner Alex"

"You're making dinner?"

"I wanna make a good impression. I want them to like me too you know? And dont get your hopes up, you're still washing the dishes." she pointed at me and laughed.

I smiled

You see? She's perfect

______________________

I'm sorry this chapter was super short but I'll be uploading more frequently to make up for it!! ❤️❤️