Izzy's POV:

It's almost time. Alex is going to meet the twins tomorrow. I haven't told them yet because well it just seemed too easy. I mean I don't know what I was expecting, it's Alex! The sweetest guy I know (to the people he loves at least) but he's changed. He's matured. He's got a wife, he's head of the peds department, and he's doing well. I thought he wouldn't want to see the kids, seeing as it would kinda disrupt his whole life. The fact that he agreed to see them so quickly shows he's grown up now but I guess I'm still scared. Look -- I just don't want to get the kids hopes up and then he bails, that's all.

But I'm done putting it off. I have to tell them now so they can pack for tomorrow morning. We're leaving at 9am so we can have time to settle in once we get to Seattle.

"Eli! Alexis! Can you come down here for a sec? I wanna talk to you about something." I shout

Two pairs of little feet come running down the stairs

"I'm really sorry mom, it's Eli's fault!" Alexis points at her brother

"What? Hey, you're the one who broke it!" Eli protests

I look between the two of them "Broke wh- you know what nevermind. Come sit, I wanna talk to you. You're not in trouble."

They sit down on the couch and I crouch down on the floor in front of them

"So you know how mommy and daddy aren't together anymore and that he loves you but lives reallyy far away?"

"Yep, he moved to Australia before we were born." said Alexis

Okay, yes I lied to them. But I had to! If they knew their dad lived so close it would hurt more.

"Yeah but um.. he actually lives in Seattle now and... we're going to drive up tomorrow to see him!"

"WAIT WHAT? REALLY??" Eli jumped up. He was quiet the whole time and I know he's always been a bit sad about not having a dad.

I started laughing "Yes really! Tomorrow morning we're taking a trip to Seattle and we're gonna have dinner at his house."

"Oh my God, Eli we're gonna meet our dad!!" Alexis squealed "So does this mean you're getting back together?"

"Oh uhh no sweetie. We're not. He's actually got a wife"

"Oh..." Alexis' face fell

"But she seems really nice! I've never met her but I spoke to her on the phone. And she loves halloween and dressing up so maybe she can show you all her costumes!!" I said

It's true, she does seem nice. And if she's a little bitchy I honestly won't blame her. But she seemed willing to welcome the twins with open arms when I FaceTimed them last night again to confirm the details of tomorrow. I'm not jealous. I've moved on years ago. I used Alex's sample because I was lonely and telling him seemed a little like manipulation. So I didn't and it was fine. I just figured it was time to get my life on track, and it has been - for the most part.

Honestly, I hope Jo and I can be friends; that would be cool. Speaking of friends, I get to see Mer tomorrow! Ugh I've missed her so much, I feel bad I never kept in contact. It just felt weird after Alex you know?

"Now who wants to help me bake cookies for tomorrows dessert?" I ask

You might call my baking endeavours "sucking up", I call it being nice. I mean there's no hard feelings between any of us

"I do!" Both kids shout and run into the kitchen

The rest of the night consists of cracked eggs on the floor, flour all over us, and so much laughter. I love these kids so much, they deserve a loving family

_____________________

Chapter 4! I hope you liked it. I know it's long but I have alot to make up for lmao. Enjoy❤️‍🔥