2

today is my first day at my new school. i'm so scared. i was asked to arrive early and go to the head teachers office to get introduced. i arrived at the school and it looked nice, it was quite a big school.

i walk into the office and i see someone behind a desk. "hello mr Davidson." i was greeted by the headteacher, Mrs Johnson. we had small talk about how the move was and she began speaking about what lessons i have. she finished by saying that i will have someone showing me around the school until i learn where everything is.

i hear the door behind me open and i turn around to see a tall boy. he has messy dirty blonde hair. his eyes are a emerald green and he had a friendly smile across my face.

i blushed when i saw him and the teacher said we could go to our first lesson. he was showing me around because we had the same lessons. once we got out of the office he turned to me, "hey, my name's clay. george right?" i nod. and he smiles. we arrive at the classroom, its biology, and i'm told i can sit next to him as i will be behind in class. turns out he's actually really clever.

he's really cute. what what? I'm not gay. i don't like him like that. i just think he's a great friend.

he helps me with everything i don't know. he explains it well. he makes it fun to learn. we are about to leave the classroom when the teacher asks to talk to me. "i'll wait outside." clay says, smiling at me. i go to the teacher.

"so george, how was your first lesson? manage to catch up a tiny bit?" she asks, she seems like a really nice teacher. or at least compared to the ones i had in England. 

"it was a great lesson, thank you. i managed to catch up a little but not much." i say. she nods and hands he a pile of books. 

"here, i'm sorry its a lot of books but you have a lot to catch up on. i understand you have other subjects to catch up on so its fine if it takes a while but please try to." i nod, struggling to hold all the books as there is probably about 15, plus I'm quite small. 

i walk out of the room and see clay talking to someone. i approach and he sees me, "hey george, this is nick." he says, gesturing to the boy he was talking too. "hi nick." i say, shyly. "hi george, how's your first day going?" nick seemed like a nice person but i felt different about clay for some reason. "its's been good so far." i respond, smiling. 

we all begin walking to the lockers, clay and i had a free lesson where as nick had English. we begin walking but with all the heavy books i trip and fall. the books go all over the floor. one of them hits clay's leg. "i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to. i'm-" i felt my eyes get glassy and i felt like i was going to break. clay stopped me by standing in front of me and putting a hand on my shoulder, "george, are you ok?" he seemed worried.

i couldn't help it. 

i cried. right in front of clay. i couldn't help it. i'm not sure why i cried. i made a mistake, it would make sense to be scared at home. but i was at school nothing would happen. i think it was mix of stress and jetlag. i tried hiding my face with the sleeve on my hoodie. clay looked up at nick witch a concerned look. "dude, i have to go to class." nick said after him and clay had a conversation with their eyes. "ok." nick walked away smiling at me.

clay picked up all my scattered books, i felt bad that he had to do the work for me. he then grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the bathroom. it was a one person bathroom but quite big. i sat down on the closed toilet seat and clay crouched down in front of me. i tried to stop crying but i couldn't. 

the tears kept coming and i tried to catch my breath but i couldn't. "i- i'm s - sorry." i managed to say before hiding my head in my knees. "no, its ok." clay whispered to me, pulling me into a hug. i breathed in the smell of him, he smelt like cinnamon. i tried to distract myself by focusing on clay. i ended up copying clay's breathing without even trying. eventually i had calmed down and the tears had stopped.