11

A/N: just a reminder to look back at the TWs i put at the very beginning, don't read if your sensitive to that stuff and remember my dms are open and im always here to talk.

also a tw for yelling incase someone is sensitive for that

i sat up, clay was next to me as we had fallen asleep on my mattress hugging. i sighed, i failed everything. clay saw my wrist how long was it before he found out my other secrets? 

i failed.

i got up, repeating the same sentence over and over in my head.

i failed, i thought as a left my room.

i failed, i thought as i stepped into the bathroom.

i failed, i thought as i locked the door.

i failed, i thought as a grabbed a bottle of pills from the cupboard. 

i opened the bottle and tipped half of the contents into my hand. i stared at myself in the mirror. 

i couldn't risk clay finding out anymore of my secrets, it would put pressure on him. i swallowed the pills and slid down the wall onto the floor waiting for something to happen. 

my eyelids closed and it was all black (no shit sherlock). i lost consciousness on the cold bathroom floor.  

~~~~

i woke up and i was in a room i didn't recognise. was i dead? was i finally dead? were all my problems finally gone?

i looked around and saw clay, he was sat on a chair scrolling through his phone with a worried expretion on his face, bouncing his leg up and down.

"clay?" i whispered, not having enough strength to speak louder.

clay turned his head to look at me. "george, your awake. are you ok? what happened?" he asked s he ran towards me and sat at the end of the bed i was laying on.

i wasn't dead. i was in hospital.

i sighed, mumbling something that wasn't even words to show i was too tired to talk. i tried to go back to sleep, i was really tired. clay was running a hand through my hair and twisting it around his fingers. he leaned down, planting a small peck on my forehead. i was too tired to blush.

my eyes closed and i drifted off to a peaceful sleep. 

it barley lasted though.

i heard yelling and woke up, i was a light sleeper so i could help heather if my parents hit her.

i saw my parents running into the room. heather not far behind. 

Clay POV:

i heard yelling and then the door opened, my hand still laying in George's hair. George's parents burst in, i recognised them from when i had come round. i could tell by the way they spoke to george that he had it rough.

"YOU LAZY, SELFISH, USELESS LITTLE UGLY BITCH." yelled George's mum as soon as she saw her son laying on the hospital bed. she took a step forward and george flinched. 

i needed to tell someone about this once they were gone.

"i- im s- sorry." george whispered. "WELL YOU FUCKING SHOULD BE! FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! I WORK ALL DAY AND THEN I HAVE TO CLEAN THE HOUSE BECAUSE YOUR BEING SELFISH! I NEVER HAVE TIME FOR MYSELF."

i gulped, this wasn't right but i didn't know what to do. 

i watched as a hand slapped across george's face. i get up slowly walking to heather hiding at the back of the room. "you ok?" i ask her. she nods. "can you please go to reception and ask for someone?" heather nods again before sneaking out. 

george's dad is throwing punches as his mum throws more insults, "YOU THINK WE WANTED A FAT, UGLY SON? YOUR SELFISH, YOU ALWAYS NEED ATTENTION. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYONE. EVERYONE HATES YOU."

i thought back to seeing George's wrist, him not eating. i realised something, the thoughts in his head weren't him, they were his parents.

heather comes back with a doctor behind her. the doctor rushes up and pushes away the parents. i give heather a hug as a can tell she's scared. it's all quiet as george's parents are out the room. the doctor asks questions and i sit back next to george. he's shaking and i hold his hand rubbing circles. 

i answer most of the doctors questions for him as they were mainly about what had just happened. his parents got reported to the police, george said we were being dramatic but the doctor agreed with me and thought it was necessary.

George Pov

the doctor left because i said i was getting overwhelmed with all the questions. "do you want me to leave too?" clay asks me in a soft voice. "no, you can both stay." i reply, pointing at heather and clay. 

we all just talk about random things and made jokes.

i looked over at clay, his hair falling in his face as he laughed, he looked so cute

i was so gay for clay. (lmao poetry)

"visiting hours are over sorry, but you can come back tomorrow." a nice looking nurse said walking into the room. 

"wait clay. can you please take heather home, she can't stay by herself." i ask. clay turns to look at me with a wide smile, "of course." the two walk out of the room and I'm left alone with the beeping of a machine and my overpowering thoughts.

A/N please read: i think i said this already but people have told me that "it is weird to ship real people" or "this is just gross." i have deleted those comments because people read these things as a way of coping (well thats what i do) and find it nice to read, seeing people say it is weird makes them feel ashamed of reading it. but that is only if the people are ok with being shipped. if people have said they don't like it then yes, it is weird and gross. also sorry this chapter is short, chapters won't be updated as often now sorry because i'm writing two diffrent stories at the same time (you should read them 👀). anyways sorry that this authors note ended up being long but make sure to eat and drink something, ily