Chapter 17

3rd person POV 

It's been a week since that weird "Staring at each other" day, and it kept getting 'worse' as the week went by. While Scar was with bikers Luke was constantly invading her mind. If it wasn't enough, for the competition, that was held four days ago, Ashton decided that it would be a good idea to pair the two of them. When she asked why his excuse was "You both are some of the most respected members of our two gangs. If people see that you are getting along they may try harder for this all to work. So it would be nice if you guys choose more  than one game to compete at."  

Nevertheless, they ended up competing at shooting, and let me tell you, it was Fucked Up. The rule was to shoot together, at the same time, from one gun, at one target. They held the gun together, Scar with her left and Luke with his right hand, aimed and emptied all the bullets. Not to mention that their bodies were glued to each other's... 'Damnit! At least we won with perfect shots, all in the head of the target.' Scarlett thought while reminiscing the memories.
The second game was actually funny, running with their legs tied, Scar and Luke were great, of course, but many ended up falling, it was a sight to see. They both laughed so hard when they won. 

The best for the last: Many of the Skulls and Devils did not bond because of the teamwork needed at competitions. They bonded over shipping them. They took so many pictures of the two of them working together and teased them every chance they got. No, they are still teasing, that's why today she spent the whole day in her room. It was embarrassing to her, and at the same time, for some unknown reason, it made her pretty angry, deep down, however, she knew that it is because nothing was actually going on between them, and the more people are showing her those pictures of her with Luke, them looking at one another like there's nobody else around them, the more she is falling for him. But she wasn't ready to admit it to herself. It scared her.
And now, she has to go and have dinner with Nicolas, his little squad, some of his most important men, and, of course, with Ash and just a few of the Skulls. As she made her way downstairs, Luke caught up with her and in uncomfortable silence, they went to the dining room. When they came in all eyes were on them, as they were apparently the only ones missing. 
"Oh look, it's our favorite couple! Do we want to know why you are late?" Shawn joked and everyone chuckled. 

That was it. Scar was just fed up. Her hand automatically made its way to the waistband of her pants, ready to pull the gun out. Before she could do it, Luke caught her hand and spun her to face him. With his hands now on Scarlett's waist and their faces being too close, he whispered "Don't. Where's the fun in that?" His eyes were sparkling mischievously, before her brain could even catch up on what was going on, he kissed her nose, took her hand in his, and pulled her towards their seats. There were twelve of them around the table, as some 'high members' were unable to make it for this dinner, and all of their expressions were priceless. Mia's squealing didn't surprise Scar. Not even her next words: "Luke is being affectionate with someone! Oh M Gee I lived to see that!" Ashton has the files on all the closest and most trusted members of the Devils mafia, including their father and Nicolas, and from the file they have on Luke, Scar came to know that either not a single girl has ever caught his attention, or he was just too good at hiding his relationships 'OR one night stands' She thought. 

They all laughed their asses off at Mia's reaction. Well, except for Luke, who took out a chair for Scar to sit, and sat beside her. That was enough to render her silent and look at him in wonder. She had a feeling that he is not doing that just for the show. His little smirk proved her right. 
During the dinner, Scar's mind drifted off to all those files she's read yet again, but this time, to Mia's file, something started bugging her, she couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was, but she noticed many loopholes while reading it, she knew that Nicolas is trying to hide something, and she had to admit that they did a very good job at it. But not good enough to fool an overthinker and observer like Scarlett. 
She looked at Mia who was being all lovey-dovey with Nicolas, 'She is hiding something. They all are. Something big,' she smirked to herself, 'too bad for you Big Brother, I love a good mystery. And I'm going to find out what are you hiding.' she thought determinedly.