Chapter 21

Here's the new chapter, please comment and vote if you like it

After Scarlett stormed off, everybody else took their cars and started driving towards the location where the race will be held. Nicolas was driving his car, with Mia in the passenger seat, and Federico, Luke, and Alice in the backseat. 
Luke was silent for a minute or two, and then decided to just let it out, "I have to tell you guys something," he started, looking at Nicolas through the rear-view, glancing at Federico afterward, he continued "When we were with Scar, she told us something..." And with that he started explaining everything that happened, not forgetting to add the part where she basically told him and Alice that she doesn't want her father and brother to know. 

When he finally finished, Federico was first to talk,  or more like making a statement, "And she can't ask anyone from their mafia to help her because they would without any doubt notify Ashton."
Luke nodded, "That's the main reason why I told you. But she is too stubborn to accept your help." 
"We will talk to her," Nicolas stated, "if she is right, and I believe that she is, then if we don't expose them as soon as possible we'll be in big trouble."

"But why not ask that guy Ryan though, they seemed pretty close to me and he seems reasonable, he would help her without telling Ashton, no?" Mia was confused. 
"Good point there, but as smart as that guy is, from what I've seen, he has a 'soft spot' for those two, he obviously believes in that tragic soapy story of theirs. Unlike Scar, both he and Ash were too sympathetic to read between the lines. Plus, I must admit their story is very good, and believable. Which makes me believe that my baby girl dug much deeper into their files, whatever she discovered is not enough for Ash to trust her on the 'Traitors' part, but it is enough for her to suspect even more," Federico concluded, not even trying to hide how proud he was of her. 

Sometime later, while they were watching Fox race and leave the other racers in dust, Luke looked at Mia. who was standing between him and Nicolas, "I know that you miss this, so what's holding you back from even trying?" 
Briefly glancing at him, she focused her attention back on the race before answering, "I'm not sure, fear, I guess." 
"She could help you, you know?" Nicolas interjected, nodding his head towards the big billboard screen on which they could see Fox who was racing through the streets, fastly approaching the finish line where they stood. 
"How do you know she would be willing to? No, scratch that, how are you sure she can help to begin with?"

At that moment, without slowing down Fox made a sharp turn to the right so she was now racing through the street where the finish line is, in no time she was stood before them, accepting the money she won while people cheered loudly. 
"Do you really need the answer?" He asked, to which she shook her head 'no'.
"I promise I'll think about it." 

That night, around 10.30 four of them were in Nic's office, sitting in the lounge area and waiting for Scarlett since Luke texted her about five before, asking her to come there. 
Nicolas was tense, not knowing how to approach the matter at hand or what to say, the tension that was thick in the air was broken by a loud knock and Scar barging in before they could even start to say 'come in'. 

She was wearing her cotton pajama shorts and a matching crop top, her wet hair clear indicator she just came out of the shower, "this better be important," she said tiredly after slamming the door shut. 
"I had to tell them Scar, sorry." Luke looked at her apologetically to which she scowled. 
"Scarlett, please let us help, we know that you must have discovered more than you let on," Nicolas pleaded, "plus if we don't stop them in time it can end fatally. For both our mafias." 

"I already said no," she turned around, ready to leave, but Federico stopped her by calling her name, when she turned around to look at him he spoke,
"Please at least think about it." 
After assessing his expression for a few seconds, she turned around and left the room without answering.