Chapter 24

For the next four days, nothing eventful happened, except for Ashton and Nicolas leading group training and fighting sessions together every day, trying to lift the team spirit between the two mafias rather than have the competitive one.
Scar never once came down for one of those, many commented that she is not in the slightest interested, they just didn't realize that her lack of interest even led to her forgetting that they trained all together to begin with.

As for her relationship with Luke, nothing changed, he was still avoiding her. In Scar's eyes, whatever that between them was, looked more and more like what she would describe as toxic. She even thought about going to him and cutting it off, but then the memories of them cuddling and sleeping together would swarm her mind, she couldn't deny the fact that with him she had a peaceful sleep, there were no flashbacks of their mother' dieing slowly through years to haunt her in her dreams.

Just this morning, after failing to go back to sleep around 5 a.m, laying in her bed, looking at the ceiling Scar started thinking about what went wrong between them, rummaging through every memory she had of him, every single talk they had in the middle of the night.
After catching herself wondering if it was somehow her fault, in the moment feeling like a bucket of cold water was being splashed on her, jumping out of her thoughts and out of bed, she mumbled,
"I've done nothing wrong, he is just an idiot."

By 7.30 Scar was ready for the day, just as she put her hand on the doorknob, a female, almost high-pitched screaming could be heard throughout the house,
"WHERE IS MY BITCH!?"

Ash, Nicolas, Federico, Mia, Alice, Ryan, Amy, Shawn, Luke, and his family, who were all sitting in the living room after finishing the training half an hour ago, became slightly alerted, that is until Skulls recognized the voice and shook their heads in amusement.
After hearing footsteps rushing down the stairs, they stood up and went into the hallway just in time to see Scar running towards the two intruders,
"You freaking whore! How dare you lie to me that you're coming in two weeks!?" She exclaimed, crushing the girl with a tight hug like they were competing to see who has a tighter grip.

"Now I'm hurt, what am I, a ghost?" A male voice inquired, Scar broke out of the hug and rushed to him, he hugged her tightly and started spinning her.
"You doofus put me down!" She giggled, holding onto him for dear life.

All the while Luke's fists clenching and annoyed expression didn't go unnoticed by his parents. They knew their son well enough to immediately realize that there was some trouble in paradise, otherwise, he wouldn't go so out of his usually calm and cold character and be overly jealous, with a murderous look directed towards the male who was just hugging Scar in a friendly, maybe even brotherly manner.

"Kade, baby, she's gonna throw up," Ryan chuckled.
"Fine, fine," Kaden chuckled and put her down, making his way over to Ryan he embraced him in a tight hug and molded their lips into a passionate kiss, obviously none of the two having a problem with PDA.
To tell that Devils were shocked would be putting in lightly, Dave couldn't help but turn to his son whose eyes grew as big as saucers as he looked at the two men. Feeling eyes on him, Luke turned to see his dad smirking at him, he averted his gaze from his father to his mother, just to see her looking at him trying not to laugh.

"AAAAWWWW," The little moment was ruined by Scar and Kat cooing loudly, with Kat going as far as pretending to wipe fake tears.
Letting go of each other, they glared at the two girls who were giving them innocent looks, the kind of look a little kid gives to the parents when trying to get out of trouble. It was a hilarious sight, especially when Kat, desperately trying not to crack up, said
"What? You were just so damn cute, we couldn't help it," she shrugged.
"Sure Kat, that's why you did it," Ryan mumbled jokingly, opening his arms for her.

After all the hugging and introductions, they had breakfast and moved to the living room, where they started a light conversation.
When the curiosity finally took over, Claire inquired,
"Why didn't you two come here when they did, if you don't mind me asking?"
"You kidding? Infamous assassin asking me, of course, I don't mind," Kat stated enthusiastically, "and we were infiltrated into one gang there that was picking on us constantly, we were to get as much info on them as we could, when Skulls were to move we decided with Ash it was the best to wait a bit before we join them so we don't raise suspicion."
"When we are at that, we found out some very interesting things on them," Kade added seriously, looking at his boss.
"We will talk about it later," Ash answered.

"Enough of that now," Mia started impatiently, looking between Ryan and Kaden with a huge grin plastered on her face, "how long have you been together? Who's the top?" Realizing what she basically blurted out as her last question, she covered her mouth with her hands.

Scar and Kat were the first to start rolling in laughter with everyone following the lead soon after, by now Mia's face was red in embarrassment. When they finally calmed, Ryan answered,
"Two years and... we kinda share that," looking at Kaden, they both chuckled.

"And what about Kat and Scar, you two look really close?" Claire asked.
"Oh no sexual feelings here," Kat chuckled, looking at Scar, they started laughing like crazy.
"They are a nightmare when together, BFF match made in hell, I swear," Kaden tried to sound mortified.

"Are you two trying to embarrass my twin in front of her future in-laws?" Ash asked on purpose, a smirk plastered on his face.
Immediately Scar stood up, backing away from Kat, who looked at her murderously.
"You are dating Luke freaking Grey, underboss of Devils, ruthless assassin (definitely his parents' child), and you fail to tell me? No scratch that, you fail to tell me you are even interested in anyone?" She gasped dramatically.
"Why thank you brother," Scar looked at Ash, still backing away, she looked at Kat who was now standing up and making her way towards her, giving her a sheepish smile she started, "you see, the thing is..." And just like that, laughing she ran outside.
"Come back here," Kat screamed, running after her.

Outside, while just the two of them sat in the garden for quite a while, Scar explained everything going on between them. 
"Well, that's a bit messed up," Kat mumbled, "maybe try finding a way to talk to him?"
"Maybe-" Scar suddenly stopped, as if remembering something, "hey, you and Kade never seemed to like Amy and Shawn, and even now you barely interacted with them, can I tell you something, but nobody else can know, maybe you can help too..."
"Anything to reveal my gut feeling about them is right."
With that, Scar started explaining everything concerning the topic.

All the while Luke was on the balcony, looking down at the two girls, more specifically Scar, at one point his parents joined him,
"What did you do Luke? That burst of jealousy earlier was not like you," Claire asked.
"And don't you think we didn't notice your lack of interaction with her," Dave added.
"I avoided her," he looked ashamed.
"Why!?" Claire exclaimed.
"So you could get to like her for who she is, not because she is with me - stupid, I know."
"Very stupid, as if you don't know I would be the first to tell you I don't like her," Claire scoffed, "you better find a way to make up young man."