Chapter 1: Power of Unknown

"So, today is the day, huh?"

The voice of a young male could be heard talking from inside of what appeared to be a classroom, the young male that spoke appearing to be around the age of thirteen who had black hair, covering his face out of nervousness. The school he was currently in appearing to be huge and also incredibly fancy as the building was both expensive.

This school was none other than Yamagatri Middle School, one of, if not the most prestigious school within Academy City or even the entire world, rivaling even that of the Tokiwadai Middle School. The school was located in one of the larger districts, being District 7, where the technology was highly advanced compared to even some other places within the city and a good chunk of it was taken up by the school's campus on its own.

The campus of the school could actually be considered a small city itself, having all kinds of stores and many more facilities you would normally find in a city. Furthermore, these "Cities" all use their own particular "Credit-System". They are completely independent from the modern currency and are only accessible to Yamagatri Middle School. This is why these students are considered "Wealthy" as they have 2 different sources of income and currencies they could work with.

Of course, this was only accessible to those that went to the school, the exception for outsiders being that you had to be allowed and invited by one of the higher class students, basing on the students' level as an Esper.

In other words, only those in the top tier of level four Espers and level five can give permission for outsiders. The grades you would need to become a Level 5 Esper in this school was immense, compared to other schools, the higher up Level 4 Espers in this school would be equivalent to Level 5 Espers outside of school grounds (Which of course was VERY unlikely). In other words, the grading policy for this school is far more treacherous compared to other schools, even Tokiwadai Middle School!

The school was filled with around only one hundred students or so (During the Entrance Exam, meaning ONLY this grade), yet they had such a large campus. So far, about seventy of the hundred had taken the test (Note: There were Thousands who applied, but only about 100 got accepted). Results, about forty of those students were Level 2 Espers, who were about as strong as Level 3 Espers outside the school, twenty-five of them were Level 3 Espers who were on par with Level 4 Espers, and the rest are Level 4 Espers who were capable of holding their own against Level 5 Espers outside the school (Not defeat them though), at least the higher end Level 4 Espers were.

Even though most of them were Level 2, they were not to be underestimated. That is because not only were they on par with Level 3s, but they are exceptional in at least one other specialties. Even getting in the school is difficult in itself. As a matter of fact, the reason they were accepted in the first place is because they show potential. This is why they are considered rivals with Tokiwadai Middle School, despite all of their Espers being at least Level 3 and above.

Note: Keep in mind they are only in 1st year of MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Other people outside of the school usually feared the students of this school, especially the Level 4 Espers, if they found out that they went to this school. The main reason being for their power, very few people had knowledge that the Level 4 Espers of this school were incredibly powerful. While they weren't considered Level 5, their powers certainly did compare somewhat.

The male that was currently looking out the window of the classroom had his arms crossed as he looked down at the empty large sports field. Being a young man with fair skin and a lean yet decently sculpted build, and also straight midnight black hair. His face was also perfect, having a cute, effeminate look at the same time eluding slight charisma. It was a face embodying calm, cool, and collected. However, his most noticeable feature was having a pair of crimson/blood red eyes that seemed to glow even in the dark, night sky.