*The Missing Chapter*

Introducing...The Missing Piece of Blind Love.

~*~

Seth's POV:

My father looked at me. I was standing in the doorway of his office, somewhat awkwardly. He had shifted immediately after the meeting and came here. Hiding out, I guess. I didn't blame him.

"Yes, Seth?" He asked from behind his glasses. He looked like he had already known what I had come for.

"I need to speak with you and Cammie." I said. I cleared my throat. He nodded and picked up the phone, dialing a few numbers. He let it ring, then said, "Yes, Cammie? I need to speak with you alone in my office."

He waited for a moment, then hung up, motioning for me to come forward. "Please, sit. She should be here any moment now."

I let the door close behind me and sat down in one of the large, leather chairs. He mildly appraised me and we stared each other down. His eyes didn't leave mine until the door opened. "Ah, Cammie. Sit down for me, dear."

"I thought you had to speak to me alone." She sounded apprehensive.

"Just sit down, Cammie." I said, wanting to get it over with. I looked at her over my shoulder. She narrowed her eyes at me for a beat, then sat down in the chair next to mine. "This had better be pretty darn important."

"Trust me, it is." I said, ignoring her attitude. It didn't really phase me. I turned to the alpha. "I want to give up my position as alpha."

"I think we've already established that you can't, Seth. And besides, who in their right mind would--"

"It's the best thing for this pack, and me. You saw how it was back there, how Cammie took charge while I acted like a complete moron. These people trust her. They will follow her through flames. I, on the other hand, am a newcomer. They hardly know me, and I see how tired you are, dad." I turned to Cammie. "You've been looking forward to this all of your life. Who am I to take it?"

Her face softened and she looked down. "Seth...don't do this to me. Don't remind me of what's going to happen. There's nothing anyone can do about it, so why bother bringing it up?"

"You're wrong. There is something you can do about it."

"Other than that." She disagreed quickly. "I mean, you annoy me and everything, but a) you are my brother, b) you're my best friend's mate, and c) dad would kill me."

"You don't have to kill me." I said.

"What?" They asked at the same time.

"You heard me," I said, smiling. "Well, technically you do, but you don't have to kill me permanently. More of a temporary shut down."

A smile began to stretch across her face. "Pack law says that I have to kill you."

"But it didn't exactly say how. There are no specifics."

"So if she gave you some kind of poison or something," My dad said, understanding lighting up on his face., "that we have the cure to--"

"The command could be passed onto you, and I won't have to drag Lena or myself into a position that we don't want."

"It's a win-win situation. Faking your death. Genius, my boy!" He reached over and clapped me on the shoulder. "You put a lot of thought into this, didn't you?"

"Apparently, not enough though." There was dread in Cammie's voice. I looked at her anxiously. "What about Lena?" She asked.

We all fell silent. the ticking of the clock was the only sound heard, as sunlight streamed through the curtains.