Love is Blind Sometimes...Literally. (2)

The Alpha's POV:

Never, in the history of mating ceremony campfires, have a couple come up to the camp fire arguing.

But there they were, screaming at each other.

"I DIDN'T RUN SCREAMING!" He yelled, waving his hands around. "I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM!"

"YOU RECOILED! I HEARD YOU!"

"I THOUGHT I SAW SOMETHING!"

"THAT'S ABSOLUTE BULL!"

He ran a hand through his hair frustratedly. "Okay, so maybe I was a little...surprised."

"SURPRISED!?! YOU CALL WINCING SURPRISED!?!"

"I'M SORRY, OKAY!?!"

"SORRY'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

"ARGHH!" He tore at his hair. I saw every bit of me in him and it hurt. Lena clenched her fists. "Arghh! What are you now, some kind of pirate!?!"

"MAYBE I AM! MAYBE, I'M A GRIZZLY BEAR! BUT YOU CAN'T TELL CAN YOU, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE!"

She slapped him, making her mark right on target.

"Stay away from me you bastard," she said coldly. And then, shifting, she ran into the trees, a small brown figure in the night.

Seth just stood there, a shocked look on his face. Then he snapped out of it and shifted into his own huge russet colored wolf, running after her.

"Atta boy," I muttered. Kalen, my beta, caught my eye. We stared at each other, and finally, he nodded, giving his consent for them to be together. Of course, Seth didn't know that so he'd have to respectively ask later, but for now Kalen was okay with it. Thank god that was done.

Now, all Seth had to do was not screw it up.

Lena's POV:

I ran up to my house, shifting by the door and reaching toward where I knew the door knob was. I twisted and fell to the ground, nearly crying.

The damned thing was locked.

I heard footsteps and curled up, trying to hide myself. "Leave me alone."

He sighed and I felt an arm around my shoulder. "I'm sorry, muffin," he said, nuzzling me with his nose."I was just surprised, that's all."

I couldn't help it. A purr escape my mouth. He chuckled lowly and pulled me into his lap, jean material rubbing against my butt.

He growled and started to kiss my neck, then behind my ear. I buried my head in the crook of his neck and sighed, smiling a little.

"Muffin, do you have any clothes nearby?" He mumbled. I nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"You might want to put them on before I take you on the porch steps." He said huskily. I blushed. "They're over by the edge of the woods, they shouldn't be that hard to find."

He kissed my forehead. "I'll be right back." Getting up, he reluctantly set me down on the steps and I heard him walk away. I leaned my head on the back of my door and waited. A few seconds later some clothes were put in my hands.

"Need help?"

"I've been doing it for years. Close your eyes."

I waited. "Seth..."

"Fine, fine."

I heard the sound of his eyelids closing and then sighed, standing up and slipping my arms through Jake's jacket and then my jeans, hopping around a little. I fell on my butt.

"Ow!"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I used the wall to haul myself up and slid the pants up the rest of the way, fiddling around with the button and zipping it up.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yep."

I felt his eyes on my face. "So...I guess we should go back to the ceremony."

I blushed a little. "Yeah. People are going to look at us weirdly."

"I don't really give a damn," he said easily. "I mean, who cares?"

"I sort of do," I mumbled.

I heard him shrug. "I don't really care what other people think. I mean, when it all comes down to the end, it's only going to be you, me, our possible future kids, and Peyton Manning."

I laughed, raising my eyebrows. "Peyton Manning? Kids?"

"Yes, and, in the possibly near future."

"Don't count on it."

He grabbed my hand, singing it as we walked. "I promise I...not, can't lie, I will be counting on it muffin."

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"Because that's my favorite food."

I stumbled on a root and almost fell forward, but he wrapped his hands aroud my waist and hauled me up into his arms, not missing a beat. "You're very clumsy, and I'd hate to see you break your pretty head, so we'll stay like this. Anyways, back to the muffin thing. You have a certain effect on me."

"What does that have to--"

"Everything. I feel the need to protect my muffin while I eat it, and I feel the need to protect you."

"You don't eat me." I said, blushing.

"I'm not even going to say anything back to that, your pops can hear us now."

He set me down once we started to hear voices but helped me to the clearing, me rolling my eyes and making sarcastic remarks the entire time.

Of course. What you actually thought I was going to be some kind of damsel in distress without putting up a fight?

I sat down by the fire, made sure that my zipper on jacket wasn't slipping, then warmed my hands, sighing. He sat down beside me. I leaned my head on his sholder and he purred, pulling me closer.