Gaming Time (Neptune)

Here comes the first Neptunia x Male Reader story, starring the fourth wall breaker herself that is Neptune. Because why not?

About you: You are an avid follower of Neptune who works for the guild, so you know about her, but you don't know about her friends.

================================

Well, this was an unfortunate situation you found yourself in. 

As a member of Planeptune's Guild that handle all requests from various citizens, you were tasked with a quest to journey to Sakura Tree Row, which was quite far away from the city and slay a fair number of horsebirds and a pair of Heal Dogoos that attacked an unfortunate travelling merchant and made off with a few supplies.

Your objective was to slay the monsters and if possible, retrieve the supplies and return to the guild to have them collected by the owner. When you arrived at Sakura Tree Row, you couldn't help but gaze at how pretty the pink petals were that were falling from the trees, but you didn't have time for that, you had work to do. 

You carefully explored the dungeon and came across a pair of horsebirds, one of which had a bag strap around it filled with flasks. When you went to charge at it with your short silver sword, you were caught off guard by a healing dogoo that tripped you up.

*THUD*

"Ow!" You moaned. "Dammit, that smarts...why you little!" You went to charge at the dogoo until you were bucked in the back by a horsebird. "Wow...I did not...prepare for this..."

You weren't going to accept this easily though, you rolled to the left as the horsebird was about to trample on you and grabbed your sword before you started attacking, you sliced one of the dogoos which shattered into pixels and went after the second one. That was two healing dogoos off the list, now for the horsebirds that were about to charge at you.

"Oh no you don't." You said, getting ready to attack. "I've got a mission to finish and you're not gonna stop me!"

You were about to attack until one of your legs gave way, causing you to fall to your knees.

"Huh? What the..." You checked your right leg and you felt a slight jolt of pain near the kneecap. "Y-ouch...what did I do to it?"

The horsebirds suddenly bucked you, making you fall a few feet away, dropping your sword that landed who knows where. Your right leg was beginning to hurt more, you wondered if you had twisted it badly or something. You could only look forward and seeing the horsebirds that were ready to perhaps finish you off, resulting in a KO and a game over to boot.

"No...this can't be the end..." You closed your eyes, praying for something to happen, when suddenly-

"DEMONIC INFERNO!" A female voice yelled, running past you.

Your sight was beginning to go blurry, but you were able to see a glimpse of someone familiar who casted a spell that eliminated both horsebirds at once and grabbing the bag strap. But then, the pain of your leg gave out and you chose to collapse, not hearing the voice of concern that was trying to talk to you.

*Time Skip, brought to you by a chibi Y/N celebrating on top of a small hill of money.*

"Nnnnnngh..." You grunted as you started moving before opening your eyes. "Huh?"

You woke up to find that you were no longer at Sakura Tree Row, but you were inside a brightly colored room that was mostly in light purple. You were also sleeping on the bottom part of a bunk bed. The ones that have two beds and a small ladder to climb to the top one. You always wanted to sleep on one of those as a kid.

"Oh you're up, good morning, mister." A cute voice greeted you.

You immediately sat up and turned to your left to see a girl with light strawberry hair, a white wholly sweater with loose sleeves and a red skirt.

"Oh ugh...good morning..." You responded. "What the heck happened."

"Well, Iffy found you on the ground, so she asked me to help carry you back here."

"Huh? Iffy..." You were confused by the name, but then it hit you. "Ohhh, you mean IF, right?"

She nodded. "Yeah, do you know her?"

"She's one of the people I regularly meet at the guild." You answered. "So where am I?"

"Oh, you're in Nep-Nep's and Ge-Ge's room."

A question mark appeared beside you. "Excuse me?"

"Well, thier actual names are a little hard to pronounce."

"That's okay, maybe I'll find out thier names soon." You smiled and got out of bed. "Speaking of names, I'm (Y/N)."

"Oh, nice to meet you, (Y/N). My name is Compa, Gamindustri's number one nurse for some reason."

You suddenly remember of a conversation you had other guild members about Compa being a popular nurse. "Nice to meet you Compa...ow."

"Oh and try not to walk around too much, your right leg hasn't healed yet."

"Fair enough." You slowly walked over to a seat and sat down to rest your hurt leg.

Just then, a door opened and in came two girls, both of them had light purple hair, but one was shorter with d-pads on the front and wearing a parka hoodie and the other girl's hair was longer with a single d-pad and in a sailor outfit. They were also joined by a tiny girl with fairy wings and was riding on a floating book.

"Oh, welcome home Histy, Nep-Nep and Ge-Ge." Compa greeted.

"Why hello there, Compa." Histoire replied before noticing you. "Who is this young man?"

"Oh, this is (Y/N), Iffy found him hurt and asked me to bring him here."

"Then it's nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

You suddenly stood up and bowed at her. "Oh, my apologies, Lady Histoire...ow."

"There's no need for formalities. Please do not worry yourself over them."

"Well, hello there." The girl with long purple hair spoke. "My name is Nepgear, the CPU Candidate of Planeptune."

You smiled and shook her hand.

"Oooh, we have a guy in the room?" The girl with short hair asked. "Is this the writing team's day off or something?"

"Neptune, I don't think you should be that meta." Nepgear said.

"Well what ever, I'm always happy to meet new people." She looked at you. "Nice to meet you there, I'm Neptune, the CPU of Planeptune and the main character of the franchise."

"Huh? Main character?" You responded before shaking your head. "N-nevermind. I'm (Y/N) and I'm...wait, you're Lady Purple Heart?"

"Oh, so you know my HDD form? I'm flattered. But you're right, yours truly is this adorable girl in normal form. I guess citizens like you don't see me like this everyday, huh?"

"N-n-n-no...I also didn't expect to you to be....c-c-cute..." You started mumbling on the last words.

"Huh? Could you speak up a little bit."

You blushed slightly. "Oh uh it's nothing...anyways, I don't think I should be here for long. I still have a quest to complete and-"

"It's already done." A voice intervened.

You then saw another girl enter the room, the one with long brunette hair with a green leaf and a long blue fur coat with several cellphones.

"Oh umm...hey IF, you already handed it in?"

"Yep and the merchant wanted me to give you something since you almost got it done." IF walked over and handed you a bag filled with credits.