six

!! this is your trigger warning !!

if you may be triggered by violence and attempted abduction, please skip to chapter seven. <3

- Thursday, 7:34am -

The boys are finishing their practice, which didn't include me this time. There's a tournament coming up, and both our teams are practicing as much as possible.

I have learnt the name of the captain of the boys team - Kita. I have something I need to talk to him about.

Atsumu reaches me first, the usual mischievous, teasing grin on his face. "Back so soon, Aya?" he says, patting my head as he passes me. I slap his hand away, laughing slightly.

Although we act like we hate each other, Tsumu and I are quite good friends.

"Ah, Kita!" I call, as he's about to leave through another exit. "I have something I'd like to ask."

He waits for me as I run to him. His expression is always calm, easygoing, un-threatening.

"Since the Spring Interhigh tournament is coming up, I think it would be beneficial to have a boys vs girls practice match." I propose my idea, which I came up with while stressing over the upcoming event.

He seems to be considering it. "That's not a bad idea. I'll talk to the coach. Should it be next week? After school sometime? Three sets?"

I nod in agreement. "That sounds good," I reply, adjusting my backpack.

"Okay," he nods. "I'll talk to everyone about it. I'm sure it should work out. I'll talk to you when I have confirmation."

I think that Kita is a very professional person. I like him.

"Thanks for hearing me out," I say, smiling and walking to my exit of the gym. I'm glad with the outcome of that proposal. My anxiety about the Spring Interhigh lessens a little bit.

- Thursday, 5:15pm -

Before the team begins training, I tell our captain that the boys team seem open to the idea of a girls vs boys match, and she tells the team what might end up happening.

While I train, I find myself looking for Suna. When I realize I'm doing this, I feel alarmed that he's become someone I look for. I start to wonder where he is.

After training, where I played a little worse than normal because I was so distracted, I leave the gym and start to walk home. I'm not far along when I hear someone walking behind me. I speed up my walk. They do the same. I slow down. They do the same. They maintain their distance behind me.

It's dark and cold. My heartbeat speeds up, adrenaline pumping through my body.

I discreetly reach for my phone in the pocket of my puffer jacket.

If worst comes to worst, I'll run into a random house and hope for the best. My phone is in my hand. My breathing is ragged, worried. I resist the urge to check behind me.

I remember something I saw on the internet. If you think someone is following you, take four right turns. If they stay behind you, they're following you.

I follow this advice, taking a right turn where I'd normally take a left to get to my house. I take another right. The footsteps follow me. Another right turn. The footsteps are getting louder. I take the last right turn, and the footsteps are still behind me.