author's note

if you've read this far, i thank you from the bottom of my heart. writing this story has really been a huge stress-reliever for me because i'm a high school student and i have a lot of pressure on me right now because assignments and stress so writing this book has helped me relieve some of that stress.

i never imagined my story would get so much support and love so i'm really grateful for you guys!! i hope it was enjoyable to readdd :))

i have many more fanfics planned so i hope you'll read them and enjoy them~

acknowledgements

firstly, i'd like to thank haruichi furudate for creating the haikyuu!! universe and characters. despite it just being a 'volleyball anime', it's motivated me, taught me and helped me through a lot so i'm super grateful, and i'm sure everyone who's read this fic is also grateful!! we all love haikyuu so much so thank you furudate senseiii

secondly, i'd like to acknowledge my first avid readers, specifically lovleysimp , soraxlol , SugarBun_Anni , missmaamgurl , sunaslighter , a_kash_money and of course my irl friends who i forced to read it and who ended up getting attached :))

thirdly, i'd like to thank lana, myesha and pluto for motivating me and supporting me. i love you guys.

about the author

i go by ravina shirai - this is not my real name but i use it instead of my real name to protect my identity! also bc i dont want my schoolmates finding this LMAO

i use she/her pronouns but gender isn't that big of a deal for me so you can use any pronouns if that makes you more comfortable!! i currently identify as heterosexual however i'm kind of open to the thought of dating women? like i honestly don't know? i like guys tho 100% for sure.

anyways what inspired me to write this book? well it was very spontaneous and out of the blue i told my friend that i wanted to be a famous fanfic writer and they gave me ideas and boom it just kind of happened. 

i actually do play volleyball, as i've mentioned in the little authors notes down the bottom of every chapter, and i play the position of setter. that's why the chapters describing volleyball are as accurate as they are, hehe :))

let me describe what i look like!! i have medium brown hair, i am white, i have hazel eyes and reasonably clear skin. i'd describe myself as averagely pretty. i'm 5'7" and i'm built like a cereal box but i do have big tiddies so i guess that's something!

my favourite subject is probably japanese and english. i really love languages and japanese comes easy to me - not because i watch anime, just because i can pick up languages pretty fast. in fact, i'm learning spanish on the side while studying japanese in school! 

i'm only learning spanish because of that oikawa fanfic on ao3... don't flame me

about the fanfic

so, as i've said, this fanfic was spontaneous and i completed it in around 3 weeks total.

i finished it on the 17th of february, 2021.

i don't remember when i started it oops hi

total wordcount including all parts except this one: 35,068 words

inspiration behind the characters

obviously suna was inspired by himself, but also a bit by sean kendrick from the scorpio races, i'm not gonna lie. if you haven't read that book, READ IT. and no, it's not on wattpad.

ayano was inspired by me, by my friends and also by various book characters whose personalities i took bits and pieces from, but cannot remember the actual character. possibly hermione granger from harry potter? idk, she springs to mind.

thank you

thank you to ALL OF YOU who have read this far. i honestly cannot describe how grateful for you i am. it's incredible to think that a select group of people actually enjoy my writing! so thank you for tuning in!

if there's a specific character you'd like to request a fanfic about, please put it in these comments!!! (i might not do it because i do have stuff planned already but i need ideas of overlooked characters or characters i may have overlooked so please please please gimme suggestions.)

thank you again for reading!! <3