PROLOGUE

I was only four years old when I first met you. 

I was in kindergarten at that time.

"Avy, let's go!" my mom excitedly said as she held my hand, I pressed my tiny fingers onto hers tightly.

At that time curiosity grew inside me.

"Mommy? Where?" I asked my mom as we walked down the pavement.

"At your Tita Rose's house, Avy," mommy replied while holding my hand, still walking.

I pinned my feet to the ground, making my mommy stop. She turned her head in my direction and looked at me with a questioning look.

"Car?" I said while pointing at our car being parked from afar.

 She looked back to where I was pointing, outside the gate. She stared back in my direction and shook her head lightly.

"No car, baby," she answered. 

"We'll just walk, and it's not that far. Your Tita's house is only nearby. C'mon," she said, assuring me.

"Let's go?" I nodded. She pinched my cheeks, making me giggle softly. Then she granted me a smile before we resumed walking.

Minutes later, we arrived at a house and quickly opened the gate, then we entered inside.

My mom was still holding my hand as we headed toward the door.

"Jusko, Aliyah! Hetu na ba si Avy? Ang ganda! Mana sa akin!" a woman said and suddenly picked me up, which made me panic and whimper softly.

"No! Mommy, no!" I shouted while kicking in the air and trying to reach my mom.

"It's alright, Avy. That's your Tita Rose. Bat kasi ngayon mo lang naisipan umuwi, babae ka, ayan pati si Avy di ka kilala," my mom said, introducing the woman who picked me up earlier.

I stopped whining when I finally remembered her. 

Tita Rose was the one who always brings me food to the house every time she visits our house.

 But what I love about all the food she brought was that white sticky rice cake they usually call "sow man?"

I remained silent right after Tita Rose kissed me on my head and placed me down.

"Avy, go play with Tristan," my mom said, which made my eyes widen.

"Kit?" I innocently asked while looking at my mom.

"Yes, Avy. Kit. Go," she replied, which I immediately obeyed and ran outside the house, going to their backyard.

"Kit? Sino 'yon?" I heard Tita Rose ask while I was already halfway from them.