Three

Avyanna Elyse

It was five in the afternoon, but I didn't want to go home yet. Who knows what drama awaits me there? It's better if I stay a bit longer, so when I do get home, I can head straight to my room. I really want to avoid Rigel while his earlier words echo in my head.

By nine PM, I hadn't even noticed the time while walking around the park. Since it's getting late and cold, I thought of heading home. I bet Rigel is already in deep sleep.

So, I quickly hopped onto a tricycle. Good thing Rhex once taught me how to.

When I finally arrived home, I saw the lights outside were still on, meaning Rigel was still awake. Slowly opening the door, I saw Rigel standing in front, crossing his arms. I ignored him, put away my bag.

"You're late," he said as I took off my shoes. I didn't answer.

As if you care

"Fine! Go on and be stubborn. Here, eat this!" He put a paper bag in front of me.

Looking at the Jollibee logo, I unemotionally looked at him.

"I had a conference meeting, and that was my snack. Since I was full, I thought of bringing that here. Whatever, I don't care anyway, if you don't want it throw it away. And by the way, just don't go home late again, or else your father would kill me," he said and slammed the door of his room.

I quickly took out the food inside the paper bag – fried chicken with rice, burger, and fries. Initially, I thought of not eating it since Rigel shouted at me earlier, but my hunger prevailed, and didn't think twice and opened it.

While happily eating, I looked inside the paper bag and was about to crumple it when I saw a receipt. The time of purchase was 8:30 pm. 

My eyes widened. He lied? So he cares about me? He cares that maybe I haven't eaten yet? Omg!

"Another day!" I said while brushing my teeth and fixing my  hair.

I immediately went outside when I saw Rigel cooking food. The aroma made my tummy growl, but sadly, I wasn't part of that meal. I took a bath with low spirits.

After finishing my bath, I quickly wore my uniform and was about to leave the house when Rigel was again standing right in front of the door.

"A-alis na ko, pa-daan," I said, gave him a fake smile.