𝑻𝒘𝒐

Rushing around her room in a panic, Azalea grabbed a few items and threw them on her bed before rushing into her closet. "Rian, which one should I wear?" Azalea asks, poking her head out and gesturing for Hadrian to come in.

Sighing exasperatedly, Hadrian stood up and walked into her closet.

Azalea held up the two dresses to show her brother. The one on the left was a beautiful blood red ballgown with a flowery lace v neck, while the dress on the right was a teal green two-piece: a sparkly halter top and a flowy lacy long skirt.

Eyeing both dresses, Hadrian replied, "Go with the green one. It brings out your eyes."

Beaming brightly, Azalea plants a kiss on Hadrian's cheek before pushing him out of her room. "Go get ready, brother dearest. We need to make a statement tonight."

Before he could utter a word, Azalea slams the door in his face. Rolling his eyes, he walks down the hallway muttering about crazy women and disastrous balls.

Smirking in amusement, Azalea quickly got dressed and went to her mirror to apply a layer of makeup, which consisted of foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, dark green eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blood-red lipstick. Finishing up her last touches, she grabbed her emerald drop earrings and bracelet; she placed them on before looking at her appearance.

Perfect.

Standing up, she threaded her fingers through her curly hair, grabbed her black clutch, and left the room.

Walking down the hall, she entered the playroom to see Teddy making his stuffed lion float in the air. Cooing internally, Azalea stood in the doorway and watched the scene with fond eyes.

Realizing he was being watched, Teddy turned around, beaming when he realized it was his godmother. "Zee!" He exclaimed as he ran over to hug her.

Giggling, Azalea picked Teddy up and placed him on her hips. "Hello, my teddy bear. Look at you. Only four and you're already displaying such wonderful signs of accidental magic!" Azalea praised, bopping him on the nose.

Teddy giggled as he sucked his thumb. "Yowz look prwtty," Teddy babbled out, patting Azalea on the cheek.

"Thank you, my little teddy bear," Azalea replied. Placing a kiss on his forehead, she leaned back and stared into Teddy's eyes. "I'm leaving you in the care of Missy and Dobby tonight. Rian and I have to go out, so be good for the house elf's, okay Teddy?" Azalea reminded. "We'll be home soon, and I don't want to see a mess when I'm back, got it?" Azalea asked sternly.

Blinking up at her with innocent eyes, Teddy smiled shyly behind his hand and gave a soft nod.

Placing another kiss on Teddy's forehead, Azalea places him on the ground and left the room.

Walking down the hallway, she entered Rian's bedroom after a knock on the door. Looking up, Hadrian smiled, "You look lovely."

Doing a small twirl, Azalea giggled, "Thank you, brother." Holding out her arm, she asked, "Are you ready?"

"Always," he replied, linking his arm with hers before they left the house.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Kol leaned against the wall as he looked around. He was bored. Their mother gave them explicit instructions not to hurt anyone here, and there was nothing noticeably interesting around. The humans were naively blind to his family's nature, and the Salvatores were following after the doppelganger like a puppy. He had nothing to do, and he hated it. Taking a sip of his drink, he closed his eyes and let out a small hum. What he would give for something to happen.

As if the fates were listening, two figures appeared at the entrance, catching everyone's attention. They glided in, arm in arm, identical smirks on their faces. Kol watched as the female looked around the room assessingly.

As they stood there, Kol took the time to assess them. The male had brown hair that flickered red in the light, eyecatching hazel eyes with flecks of silver in them, and sharp aristocratic features. Looking over to the female, he couldn't help but take the time to look her over. Jet black hair falling to her stomach in beautiful waves, startling green eyes with flecks of silver in them that glimmered in amusement, and blood red-stained lips that were pulled into a small smirk. She was ethereal. They both were inhumanly beautiful, and it was hard not to notice everyone else thought that as well.

He watched as the pair separated, focusing all his attention on the female. As she glided her way through the crowd, Kol placed his drink down and walked towards her. Moving closer to her, he purposely shifted, causing her to bump right into him. She stumbled back as Kol moved to grab her forearms, steading her. Entrancing green eyes met chocolate brown eyes. It was as if time stopped.

Blinking out of her trance, Azalea shook her head slightly and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying enough attention to where I was going." Her British accent floated through the room.

"It's alright, darling," Kol muttered, still gripping her forearms. Placing a smirk, Kol grabbed her hand and placed a small kiss on her knuckles, eye staying locked with hers the entire time. "I'm Kol. Kol Mikaelson. It's a pleasure to meet you, darling."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:

Hey guys!

Am I squealing just the slightest bit? Yes. Kol and Azalea have finally met! This is going to be the start of something great. LOL. But seriously, I'm really excited about the development of their relationship, along with Hadrian and Azalea. They're just two adorable human beings, and I just want to squeeze them. I never actually mentioned this would be a soulmate type book, but I changed my plans and decided I wanted to go down that route, so there we go.

Also, I'd like to inform you all that it'll be a while before I update this book again. School has been very stressful, and I just want to focus on that for now. Hopefully, I can get myself back on track soon so I can start working on the next chapter. Thanks for understanding. :)