BF | Golf

timeline: a few weeks after the final chapter (not the epilogue) of 'Best Fiends' (so don't read this extra if you haven't read Best Fiends!)

♢ ♢ ♢

"Let's go golfing."

  Charlie looked up curiously at Oliver as he entered the apartment. His curiosity was further fuelled by the huge bag in Oliver's arms.

  "What's in the bag?"

  "Just groceries," Oliver sighed, throwing the brown paper bag onto the table.

  "You bought groceries for my apartment?"

  "Well, when I left this morning I finished the milk. Plus you only had granola and I was in the mood for Froot Loops. I also got some Thin Mints because the girl scouts outside the supermarket were so cute."

  "Are they vegan?"

  Oliver kicked off his work brogues and loosened his tie. "Of course. So, as I was saying before, how do you feel about going golfing?"

  "Golfing?"

  Oliver nodded and plopped down beside Charlie on the sofa, raising his legs onto the table in front of them.

  "Golfing," He reaffirmed.

  "Uh... why?"

  "Have you ever been?"

  "I've been many times and that's why I'm asking why we would ever willingly go golfing. It's an old man's sport. Plus, I suck."

  Oliver shrugged. "I love golfing. And, it's my dad who suggested we go. He wants to meet you."

  Charlie's eyebrow cocked upwards. "I've met your dad on multiple occasions."

  "Yes but not as my boyfriend."

  Charlie put down his phone and faced Oliver, who had a pleading smile on his face.

  "Oh."

  His father had suggested it over lunch at work. Well, it didn't really count as lunch because they had to spend the entire hour going over charts as their food went cold. Still, he was grateful that his father was finally beginning to give him bigger responsibilities while also ensuring that they were within his capabilities. Ever since he went sober, the two of them had gotten closer and Oliver couldn't have been happier.

  Ed Scott wanted to re-meet Charlie , probably because the last time he had interacted with him was when Charlie was a teenager and, as everyone knew, Charlie was a douchebag as a teenager. He was a bit too free-spirited and didn't care about anyone but himself. Thankfully, his personality had drastically changed since then but Ed Scott needed to see it to believe it.

Oliver laced his fingers with his boyfriend's. "This Saturday."

  "Should I be nervous?"

  "No," Oliver scoffed. "It's my dad."