TKOM| Amelie's Ever After

Remember, this extra should only be read if you finished The King of Metropolis to prevent any spoilers. Stay safe, I love you all xoxo

> timeline - three years after end of TKOM

 Stay safe, I love you all xoxo > timeline - three years after end of TKOM

Three Years Later

"How do I look?" Amelie asked nervously. She was about to go on.

Her friends smiled proudly at her. She was quite proud of them herself. They had all dressed well for the occasion, much to her surprise. Maria and Paulo's family was very artsy and creative so the both of them were always taking fashion risks. This was probably the first time Amelie was seeing Paulo in a suit. August had swapped his chains and leather for tweed. It was a sight Amelie thought she would never see. And Josh... well Josh was never one to disappoint. Besides, his family was quite into politics so press conferences were nothing new to him. The Hickins family were scattered throughout the American government. He looked very slick in a navy suit and red-bottomed brogues.

  Maria dusted off the shoulders of Amelie's suit and smiled. "Like a million bucks, babe."

  "We're so proud of you," August exclaimed, engulfing her in a tight hug.

Paulo stared at her with a wide beam on his face. "You got this."

"Are you ready?" Josh asked, peeking out the curtain. "There are a ton of reporters out there."

  Amelie grinned. "Hell yes."

  As soon as Amelie stepped onto the stage, the reporters' chatter died down as they all simultaneously moved to turn on their microphones and cameras.

  "Good morning, everyone. Thank you all for making it. I have called this press conference to officially address the rumour that was leaked yesterday. I, Amelie Park, am here to announce that I will be running for state senate in New York's twenty-sixth legislative district."

♜♜♜

"That was amazing, Amelie!" Maria exclaimed, pulling Amelie in for a tight hug as soon as she stepped off stage. "That point you made about police brutality was so touching!"

Amelie smiled contently. Her speech had gone well. Hopefully the campaign would go just as good. All she wanted to do was make a positive difference. And she hoped New York would support her in her endeavour.

August walked up to her and hugged her tightly. "That speech was incredibly moving. You deserve to win."

"I love you, August. You're so sweet." Her eyes flickered to Josh who looked very nervous. "Why is Josh making that face?" She joked, nodding towards Josh who was standing beside them.

"He's your boyfriend. Ask him," August laughed, poking her with his elbow.

Josh, who had been quiet for quite sometime, finally spoke. "Sorry, I was just thinking. Um... can I talk to you alone for a second?"

  Maria giggled and she choked on her champagne. Paulo seemed to understand what was going on and his eyes widened. Josh glared at both of them. Clearly they were in on some joke that Amelie was just not understanding.

"Oh. Uh, yeah, sure. Be right back, guys."

Amelie followed him to one of the private rooms backstage. He turned to face her and smiled.

  "What's up?"

  Josh let out a shaky breath. "Um, okay, so Maria told me not to do this today and I'm sorry in advance if this goes bad but I just really need to say this because I can't wait any longer and-"

  "Josh! You're rambling, slow down!" Amelie chuckled.

  "Oh. Sorry. Okay. Sorry, your suit is distracting me. You look so hot."

  Amelie laughed. "You don't look too bad yourself."

  "Okay. Um, well, Lee, you are the love of my life. I know neither of us believe in soulmates but you come very close. And I can't imagine being with anyone else but you. You are the reason I am who I am and I love you."

"I love you too... babe, why are you saying this now all of a sudden?"

"Our relationship has been on and off in the past but during these past two years of us being together made me realise that we're not who we were when we started dating. We've both changed for the better and finally appreciate each other. I have been wanting to do this since the day we got back together because I knew there and then that I would never let you go ever again."

As Josh got down on one knee, Amelie's hands flew to cover her mouth.

"Josh...."

"I want to be the First Husband when you become president. I want to cheer on the most powerful woman I know forever. I love you so much, Lee. Will you please marry me?"

Amelie mouth hung wide open. She couldn't believe it. Her heart had never beat so quickly.

"Oh my god..."

Her makeup cost a fortune to get done. It was going to be ruined by her tears. Her lips curled up in a wide beam as she scrambled to the floor and wrapped her arms around the love of her life.

"Yes! Yes! Of course I want to marry you!"

Josh squeezed her in a tight hug and kissed her. "Really?!"

"Of course! Oh my god! I can't believe this!" Amelie squealed.

He fumbled to slip the ring onto her finger and kissed her again.

"Can we come in now?!" A muffled voice called from behind the door.

Amelie and Josh looked at each other before bursting into laughter. "Yes!"

Maria, Paulo and August practically spilled into the room with champagne, balloons and confetti in their hands.

"How did you guys know I would say yes?" Amelie laughed, sniffling and wiping away her tears.

Maria engulfed her in a suffocating hug as she squealed into her ear. "Because I have never seen you this happy in a relationship before."

August threw confetti into the air as Amelie kissed Josh again. Her career was about to spring off in a path that would be inked onto books one day, inspire other girls. The love of her life who cheered her on and supported her even when they weren't together was going to marry her. Her friends were so supportive and she didn't know what she had done to deserve them.

  Every heartbreak and career disappointment she ever had brought her to this moment. And she couldn't be happier.

♜♜♜

A happy ending for an unproblematic queen. We stan.