TKOM| Blake's Aftermath

> timeline - varies (begins at Blake and Madeline's wedding)

"Ah, cover up I shouldn't see you in your wedding dress!"

Blake strode into the room with a bright beam on his face. He froze as soon as he spotted his future wife. She looked magnificent. The sun shone perfect through the window, creating an almost divine outline of her. Her hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall from paradise and Blake remembered just how much he loved her. Although it was bad luck he couldn't help but stare in awe at the girl in the white dress. It was perfect. Madeline Lockhart was perfect.

  However, his smile dropped when she turned to face him. Her eyes were red from crying. He would have assumed they were tears of joy had it not been for the forlorn look on her face. It was their wedding day. Nothing should have upset her.

  He quickly walked up to her and engulfed her in a hug as she sobbed uncontrollably into his shoulder. "Honey, what's wrong?"

  "I'm so sorry..." She choked.

  "You're worrying me. What happened?"

  "I love you... please know that."

  "I love you too," Blake responded nervously.

  "Sit down..." Madeline hiccuped.

  Blake hesitantly sat down on the bed beside her. She avoided his eyes and he instantly got a familiar, agonising feeling in the pit of his stomach. A feeling he had felt before when he first love broke up with him...

  "Blake, I... I can't..." Her voice cracked.

  His heart sank. "You can't...?"

  "I...I can't do this. I can't marry you...." She said, although her voice was barely audible.

  Blake could feel his heart splitting right down the middle. His ears must have been deceiving him because there was no way what he was hearing was true.

  "What?"

  She buried her face in her hands. "I love you but there's too much going on right now. I can't go through with this wedding..."

His head was spinning. "What? I-I don't understand. Did I do something wrong?"

  Madeline fanned her face as if it could stop the oncoming rivers of tears. "No, no. You were perfect. Are perfect. And I love you and I still want to be with you. But I can't get married."

  "My entire family is here. I have relatives that flew in from Mexico. My Abuela flew in.. Madeline, why are you doing this?"

Madeline scrambled to grab onto his hands. "I love you so much. I just... I can't do this. Blake, I am so sorry..."

  Blake slowly stood up, shaking her grip from his hands. His head was spinning. He felt nauseous. He was crying. He hadn't realised it until the first few tears dripped down to the floor.  Madeline was sobbing as well. He didn't know what she was crying about. It wasn't like the love of her life had just told her he didn't want to marry her.