𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕

Bandaid/Tsumioda - Fallen Angel

AU: Non-Despair, High school
Pairing: Mikan x Ibuki
Possible TW: Self deprecating thoughts
Near death experience
Genre/s: Fluff🌸

𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚅

It's the end of the school day, I make my way over to my locker so I can grab my things and go home. I open up my locker and notice a note inside

'Oh? What's this?'

A small pink envelope, tiny sparkles littered the surface, a shiny red heart sticker keeps the envelope closed.

'Is this a love letter?! N...No... it can't be...'

'Nobody could ever love you Mikan, you're hideous, remember?'

I hesitantly peel the sticker off and open up the envelope. A small folded sheet of paper lies inside. I grab the paper and unfold it, reading every word with wide eyes.

"Please meet me on the rooftop after school, I can't keep this a secret anymore, I can't hide it any longer, I have to confess something really important."

I couldn't believe my eyes.... someone actually likes me?!

Maybe that's not what this note is.... it's probably just something else....

I gently place the note back inside the envelope and close it back up as I make my way to the rooftop.
Once I arrive there I look around yet I don't see anyone, out of the corner of my eye I think I seen someone's blonde pigtails so I approached the area. There wasn't anyone there when I arrived so I just lean against the rail and let out a heavy sigh.

'See? I told you, nobody will ever love you, ever. You're hideous, disgusting, a stupid ugly whore who doesn't deserve love. You don't deserve anything.'

My eyes begin to gloss over with tears and my vision becomes more hazy, suddenly I hear something from behind me and I spin around to look but I was too late. All I saw was a blur of yellow and orange and then suddenly I felt weightless, it took me a moment to realize what was going on but I suddenly realized, someone had pushed me off the roof?!

'I'm gonna die! I'm so scared, I don't want to-'

'Shut up, you deserve this, you deserve to die. This is bliss, you're finally going to be gone from the world and nobody is going to have to deal with your useless self ever again.'

'Right.... I deserve this.... I had this coming... it was only a matter of time. Whoever pushed me did the right thing.'

I noticed I was getting close to the ground, I shut my eyes tightly and tensed up, bracing myself for the impact.

But it never came.

I felt my body press up against something warm, I hesitantly opened my eyes and seen someone's face right up in mine.

"Helloooooo?"
A cheerful sing-songy voice called out to me.

"I-Ibuki-?!"

"How lucky Ibuki is! An angel fell from heaven and right into her arms!"

"W-W-W-What?!"
I felt my face get really hot all of the sudden.

"Oh! You got the note? Ibuki was just making her way to the roof when she heard something like screaming so Ibuki stopped to see what it was and then an angel landed on me!"
I grew more flustered as she called me an angel.

"W-Wait..... n-n-note?"
I realized I was still clutching onto the envelope from earlier.

"S-So you w-w-wrote this?!"
My whole face was basically red at this point.

"Yep yep yep! Ibuki wanted to tell the pretty Mikan thaaaaaaat....."
She booped my nose before continuing and I giggled lightly.

"Ibuki loves her! Yep yep! Ibuki loves the pretty Mikan!"
Ibuki tightened her grip on me and gave me a big hug.

"W-W-W-Whaaaaat-?!!"
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Ibuki loves me?!

"It's true! Ibuki loves Mikan! I guess you're like Ibuki's fallen angel now!"
She giggled and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"I-I-I......"
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I couldn't believe anyone would ever love someone as disgusting as me.

"Soooooo, how does the beautiful fallen angel feel about Ibuki?"
She poked my cheek a bunch.

"I-I-...... I l-love you too Ibuki! Y-You're the n-n-nicest girl I-I've ever met!"
I hugged her tightly and sobbed into her shoulder.

"Why is the pretty angel crying? Did Ibuki do something wrong?!"
Ibuki sounded panicked.

"N-No..."
I sniffled and wiped my tears.

"Th-They're happy tears Ibuki, I-I'm just so happy th-that you love m-me b-b-back..."

Ibuki smiled a big warm smile and pulled me in for kiss.

This is the best day of my life, I'll never ever forget this day. I'm so happy, I finally feel loved and wanted.

A/N: It's kinda bad lol but I wrote this a while ago when I was just starting to write again after a 3 year break 👁

833 words